📍London OR UK remote | 💰£60,000 – £70,000 (Dependent on Experience) + share options Benefits |
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we’re doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We’re focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people’s lives through Monzo.
About our Risk Controls Team:
Like any other regulated bank, we need to make sure we are managing our risks and are fully compliant with banking regulation, but at Monzo we want to do so while continuing with our agile “test and learn” approach to launching products. We are looking for a Control Testing and Assurance Manager to make sure we have a comprehensive and functioning control environment.
As a Control Testing and Assurance Manager, you will use your passion for risk and control to support an environment where teams build and roll out new products and features at pace. You’ll do this by helping 1st line Risk and Control successfully roll out and embed our risk management framework across the bank.
What you’ll be helping us with:
- Making sure Monzo is compliant with our internal risk frameworks, is continually improving these frameworks and is fostering a culture of rigorous control testing and assurance that distinguishes us in both banking and technology.
- Continuing to expand, enhance and evolve our company-wide control landscape to not only meet regulatory expectations but deliver best in class services to our customers.
You’ll spend your time:
- Challenging existing frameworks to ensure we are performing and testing our technology controls in line with and/or exceeding industry standards
- Executing design and operating effectiveness control tests to ensure that we have full, accurate picture of the effectiveness of Monzo-wide control landscape;
- Making recommendations to improve control effectiveness and/or identify where new controls are required;
- Managing and reporting control testing outcomes, issues, recommendations and the associated remediations actions;
- Performing ‘deep dives’ (assurance reviews) on specific risks and/or across a series of related controls to make sure we have the correct control coverage in place
- Managing and fostering positive relationships with key stakeholders across the three lines of defence
- Collaborating with internal audit and the second line of defence to make sure assurance/audit review approaches are aligned and systemic control deficiencies are addressed
- Innovating and finding new ways to build effective governance and control management processes;
You should apply if:
- You have worked in a UK banking or professional services firm with experience in a technology control testing/assurance role
- You have a good understanding of industry control standards and practices;
- You have experience of line management;
- You are hands-on and great at execution;
- You’re a self-starter and autonomous, able to make prioritisation decisions;
- You’re a team player and collaborate well with other people;
- You’re able to facilitate discussions and influence others to gather meaningful feedback and support on your work;
- You have experience managing multiple deadlines through to completion and have excellent attention to detail;
- You’re resilient and comfortable working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment where the day to day job is constantly evolving and changing.
Above all, we are looking for people that are excited about helping Monzo scale in a compliant, thoughtful and controlled way.
⏳ Applications close at 6pm on 10th August
The interview process:
If you want to register your interest in the Control Testing and Assurance Manager role, please answer the application questions below.
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Short call with a Monzo recruiter
- Video-call with Hiring Manager (30 mins)
- 2 x Competency Based Interviews (45 mins each)
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
💰 Salary range starts at £60,000 ➕ plus stock options benefits
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we’re open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for, training courses and conferences ➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas