Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
We’re looking for a Counsel to join our quickly scaling team. Reporting to the General Counsel, this role will work closely with our Insurance Operations and Product teams to provide counseling and legal support in a wide range of legal areas, including compliance and regulatory questions, and new business initiatives.
The Counsel will play a critical role in shaping the compliance culture at Alma through providing day-to-day advice, analyzing risk, and resolving complex issues that arise to ensure Alma is in compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate is not only excited about refining the legal function at a high-growth startup, but also feels strongly about building positive relationships across the business.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively address evolving provider, health insurance, telemedicine laws, and industry best practices that affect the company.
- Track and document internal/external compliance process/reporting regarding compliance, regulations, and policies.
- Monitor regulatory changes and assists in determining action plans that are required for compliance initiatives.
- Assist in building a comprehensive compliance, privacy, risk assessment, and monitoring program for our Insurance Operations team.
- Provide legal counsel on operational, risk, transactional, and strategic matters.
- Provide solution-oriented legal advice to teams including Product and Insurance Operations from the initial stages of product development through launch.
- Develop and maintain legal resources such as a legal playbook and FAQs for various internal teams.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and advise the business on legal risks for a variety of commercial contracts and other legal documents.
- Support the business on regulatory inquiries.
- Support the Insurance Operations teams in credentialing, provider membership licensure, onboarding, termination, provider ethics, and code of conduct related questions.
Who you are:
- You have a JD law degree from an accredited U.S. Law School and a member of a US state bar in good standing, with the ability to register as In-house Counsel in NY or waive into New York State.
- You have 4-6 years’ experience, preferably in health law, compliance, or regulatory working in a law firm or high-growth, healthcare technology company.
- You are a self starter and capable of overseeing transactions end to end.
- You have a particular interest and aptitude in healthcare regulatory and compliance issues.
- You have knowledge of the general federal and state healthcare regulatory schemes.
- You are resourceful, pragmatic, and an action-oriented generalist who can design effective legal advice, policies, and operational processes while employing a style that prioritizes service to and partnering with business stakeholders.
- You are able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume, frequently changing environment.
- You are able to provide practical advice by weighing legal risk against business needs and realities.
- You have a demonstrated ability to operate in a highly visible, fast paced and challenging position successfully and efficiently.
- You are passionate about Alma’s mission and making mental healthcare more accessible
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Band: $160,000-$185,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas