Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. All Gusto roles posted in these metro areas come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- San Francisco Office Metro: San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA & San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metropolitan Statistical Areas
- Denver Office Metro: Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York City Office Metro: New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Symmetry, Gusto’s subsidiary, has a physical office in Scottsdale. All Symmetry roles posted in this metro area come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- Scottsdale Office Metro: Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Areas
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually.
Join the Customer Care team!
Gusto is seeking support experts who thrive in a fast paced, solutions based call center environment. You will own each customer experience from start to finish, ensuring exceptional service and accurate resolution. You will guide our customers through our product features and act as their advocate internally to influence our product decisions and roadmap.
We are currently hiring Customer Care Advocates on both our Benefits Care and Payroll Care teams!
The Customer Care team is the linchpin of our world-class customer experience. With their passion, insight, and customer advocacy, this team has helped us maintain a high NPS score while serving tens of thousands of businesses. As a Customer Care Advocate supporting either Payroll or Benefits at Gusto, you will guide our customers to payroll solutions, answering queries via phone and email each day.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- You will provide exceptional customer service by interacting with small business owners to resolve inquiries via email, chat, and live phone shifts, the latter lasting up to 8 hours during periods of high inbound call volume.
- You will stay up-to-date with new products/features and be able to consistently communicate these updates to customers in a way that ensures an exceptional customer experience.
- You will be able to perform your duties in a fast-paced environment, being able to adapt to change quickly in order to quickly resolve customer issues.
- You will be required to expand your critical thinking skills and knowledge in order to answer progressively more challenging/complex customer inquiries.
- You will work in close collaboration with other advocates as well as collaborate across the company in order to influence product development.
- You will be flexible in order to accommodate annual volume spikes ranging from December through March where we require additional weekend overtime and blackout periods for paid time off in order to provide the best service possible to our customers.
- You will be able to deliver exemplary customer service using a “search first” mentality.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 6 months – 2 years of work experience in a customer-facing role
- Preferred: 1 – 2 years experience in a contact center environment, and/or processing payroll or supporting benefits
- A consummate teammate, ready to wear multiple hats, inspire those around you and work collectively while priding yourself in maintaining a professional brand and image.
- Self Starter: A proactive problem solver with incredible critical thinking skills, comfortable with a role heavy in customer interaction for a minimum of 24 months.
- Handles stress well: Conflict resolution skills and a personality that thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Reliable: Reference checks should reveal no attendance/tardiness patterns.
- Ethical: The demands of this position are not an excuse to abandon our values, but rather, an opportunity to reveal them to our customers.
- Great written and verbal communicator: Loves writing and talking about technical concepts to a wide range of audiences and understands the importance of listening to the customer before delivering service.
Our cash compensation for this role is $20.20/hr in Denver & most remote locations. Remote locations will vary based on our geographical pay approach. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate location, experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.