Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
At Stripe, you’ll be part of a rich Data Science community for Analysts, Scientists and Engineers to learn and grow together. At the same time, our embedded org structure means that you’ll be working closely with our Finance Strategy partner team.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse set of problems. Examples include defining company-wide core metrics as well as metrics for individual products, building dashboards and reports to help the Finance Strategy team understand our metrics and data, conducting deep-dive analyses to determine drivers of business trends, and building automated insights to proactively surface data trends for internal users.
- Work closely with the Finance team to solve complex challenges at the intersection of business and technology using data.
- Be the subject matter expert for data management including data integrity, acquisition, mining, analysis, forecasting, metrics and reporting.
- Design, build and maintain business intelligence infrastructure to improve availability and usability of data and insights.
- Drive strategic initiatives to improve the quality and timeliness of insights.
- Build scalable automation solutions utilizing SQL, Presto, Spark, Tableau and other tools.
- Provide operational support for initiatives across a range of technical and non-technical topics.
- Create analyses that tell a “story” focused on business insights, not just data.
- Apply models on large datasets to measure results and outcomes.
- Partner with leaders effectively employing clear and structured communication.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 5+ Years of experience in a Business Intelligence Engineering, Data Engineering, Data Analyst and/or Data Science role, with a focus on building data pipelines and/or analyzing large data sets to solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Prior experience with writing and debugging data pipelines using a distributed data framework
- A builder’s mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Solid business acumen and experience in synthesizing complex analyses into interpretable content.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python).
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet or software company.
- Good understanding of the development process and best practices (e.g. engineering standards, code reviews, testing and validation) with an appreciation for maintaining a high quality bar with low operational overhead.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas