$70k – $90k per year + Stock
Argyle is a fast-growing remote-first Series B startup that has reimagined how we access and use employment data.
At Argyle, we recognize that employment data is owned by the individual it represents. By building the first gateway to employment data, we’re unlocking a dataset that has been monopolized by a single giant corporation (name omitted because of decorum) for 70 years. In turn, we’re making it easier, faster, better, wiser for innovative companies to put employment data to work for their users, enabling access to products and services that improve lives.
If you rent an apartment, buy a car, refinance a home, apply for a loan — the first question you’ll often be asked, “how do you make money?“. You’d think information so foundational to our economy would be simple to manage, transfer and control — but it isn’t.
Argyle is the easiest way for people to instantly share their income and employment data with any product or service. Users exercise complete control over how their data is accessed, and businesses receive real-time access to this data via the Argyle API.
Our team is a fun and passionate group of people, working remotely across 24 countries and counting. Learn more about our team on our about page.
About the team
Argyle’s Data Quality (DQ) team works alongside our Network Growth and Scanners (Engineering, Infra, RD) teams. Together they form the Data build (vertical) whose mission is to achieve the maximum user conversion and the highest data quality of structured employment records available anywhere. Quality matters as much as quantity and this is where the DQ team comes in.
The team is at the very heart of our product and is responsible for data research, data knowledge management, data quality assurance and internal BI. The team’s mandate doesn’t end there with recent expansions into data engineering and automation fields. Argyle has high expectations for the team – we want DQ to become part of our common vocabulary and in turn help us shape our data strategy.
What will you do?
- Lead and scale Argyle’s DQ team, which currently has 3 Individual Contributors (ICs)
- Initially this will be a hybrid Manager-IC role before the team reaches scale. At that point the job title will convert from DQ Team Lead to DQ Manager
- Take ownership of and drive our Data Quality KPIs working closely with Data Build’s leadership and teams
- Drive QA, automation, tooling and data engineering agenda and deliverables, incl. recruiting additional team members aligned with these domains
- Build working relationships and lead collaboration with our Analytics and Documentation teams.
- Contribute towards Argyle’s Data Quality strategy and help with laying out key underlying initiatives
What are we looking for?
- Independent self-starter – you do not wait or need to be told what to do. You are able to generate ideas, pitch them and do the necessary groundwork to get the ball rolling.
- Data focused mindset. Our data is our product – it runs through our veins. You understand the purpose and significance of data (quality) management and have experience in showcasing it to different stakeholders.
- Tech-first attitude. We are a software company – while we do not fear grunt work, we like efficiency. We know you’ve done it before – streamlining processes, ramping up automation and introducing smart digital tools.
- Jack (or Jill) of all trades, master of some – this team has one of the broadest domains in the whole of Argyle and its Lead needs to be comfortable with this. You are not perturbed by different shades of the same colour and are happy to adapt to the evolving needs.
- Team Lead (with a capital L). You are a people’s person, you had the pleasure of nurturing, shaping and growing teams in the past. And you liked it.
- Operating in the ‘greyzone’. We are a startup and as a result we often find ourselves in places where nobody has (ever) ventured before. And that’s okay. You are comfortable with ambiguity and tackle it with clear head. You break down complexity, shift gears quickly and come up with tangible solutions.
- Remote first company
- International environment
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Options
- Annual Company Performance Bonus
- Flexible vacation leave
- $1,000 after a month of employment to set up your home office.
Argyle embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas