It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
A Little Bit About Us:
Digital Transformation (DT) is a multi-year strategy, encompassing platform commoditization, cloud migrations, workload optimization, engineering productivity and AI/ML & research experience enhancements, datacenter strategies, potential divestitures, partner management and technical governance.
The Digital Transformation Strategy team is a key pillar that will define timeline and finance-based tech transformation strategy for Yahoo that aligns with Yahoo’s business transformation goals, in partnership with all technical teams.
A Lot About You:
As the Digital Transformation Strategy Manager (Technical Program Manager) at Yahoo, you will play a critical role in driving the company’s digital transformation initiatives. You will be responsible for developing and executing strategic roadmaps, focusing on key areas such as OKR planning, executive stakeholder management, partnership, and collaboration. This role requires deep thinking, executive alignment, cross-team collaboration, financial alignment, and meticulous attention to the quality of outputs. You will be reporting to the Digital Transformation Strategy & PMO Lead. Some travel may be required to meet with key stakeholders, but will be limited.
- Develop and execute digital transformation strategy that aligns with DTO’s overall business goals and objectives
- Ensure financial alignment of digital transformation goals and deliver high-quality outputs to track.
- Establish and track transformation related KPI’s that will help measure progress of Digital transformation throughout the engagement
- Work closely with DT Leaders and executive stakeholders to perform analysis to develop strategic plans and roadmaps to guide DT’s future direction, set goals, and outline action plans to achieve desired outcomes, as well as work with Yahoo Program and Project Managers across all departments to ensure execution is in alignment with strategy.
- 8+ years of experience in both strategy and operations, with a background in management consulting, corporate development, and strategy function within a large sized organization
- Previous experience managing strategy around digital transformation efforts
- Experience working in a dynamic Agile environment, that requires fast iterations and pivoting between collaborative and individual work
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree or an MBA is a plus
- M&A and post merger integration experience
- Experience in collaborating with technical teams in both remote and across geographical locations
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $120,750.00 – $251,250.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.