Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
The Director of Revenue Share Accounting is part of the Global Accounting & Reporting team and is responsible for leading the Global Revenue Share function. This team is responsible for the financial integrity and accurate recording of traffic acquisition cost (TAC), revenue share and other publisher related liabilities across Yahoo products globally. Team members in this group are on the cutting edge of Yahoo technology, supporting ad products and affiliate partner sites through reporting, analysis, calculations, process innovation and a drive for product expertise to support revenue growth. This role requires the candidate to have exceptional technical skills and to be experienced in strategic and analytical thinking. You will also need to have the ability to communicate the team’s work clearly with various stakeholders and leadership of the company.
- Ensure 100% controllership integrity
- Lead a team of managers and accountants and maintain accountability for team results
- Drive and communicate strategic goals, objectives and priorities for the team
- Review, maintain and update policies and procedures for the functional area
- Provide leadership, coaching and support to team members with a strong focus on career development
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the monthly and quarterly close process and reporting deliverables
- Serve as key contact for external and internal auditors; maintain internal controls over functional area and recommend modifications as required.
- Apply technical expertise to review, interpret and ensure proper accounting for new and complex contract terms and payment calculations.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Product, Legal, Accounts Payable, Procurement, Tax, Sales, Business Development, Corp Applications and FP&A to support broad corporate and department specific initiatives.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Yahoo products and partnership arrangements.
- Accelerate transformation and change, crafting standard methodologies and driving continuous process improvement.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA Certification
- 10+ years of relevant work experience. Desirable to have a mix of experience with Big 4 and tech industry or other publicly traded companies
- Demonstrated success leading, coaching and developing a team
- Demonstrated strong technical accounting skills and a comprehensive understanding of accounting
- Demonstrated strong analytical, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills
- Experience working directly with senior executives and building relationships with numerous diverse groups throughout a large organization
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Critical thinker who can foresee potential obstacles and consider alternative approaches.
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $129,210.00 – $281,305.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.