The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
The Localization team at Spotify is responsible for Product and Marketing Localization. We operate in 74 languages within over 180 markets. This is a centralized team consisting of Localization managers and engineering capabilities. The team collaborates with a wide array of teams at Spotify solving actual translation needs or providing input and expertise on some of our automated aspects such as Podcast captions. We are looking for an experienced Localization Director who can lead and grow this team in accordance with our business needs driving measurable business impact.
What You’ll Do
- You understand the business opportunities localization brings to a global Enterprise.
- You work closely with senior leaders to evaluate the impact of localization on the business.
- You can manage exceptional Vendor relationships to provide a reliable service
- You understand all budgeting aspects in regard to Localization
- You can provide guidance and collaborate with the engineering team to establish excellence in our Internationalization Infrastructure
- You will identify and grow leaders within your team, setting them up for success through mentorship and coaching
- You will provide context, support, and mentorship as the team works toward our business objectives — you will inspire, not merely direct
- You will report to our Design Platform Lead
Who You Are
- You are an exceptional leader and have 10+ years of experience in Localization and at least 3+ experience of leading Localization in a global consumer-focused company
- You have experience in working autonomously and driving team growth and vision
- You carry a deep passion for linguistics and a variety of localization aspects
- You have experience in working in multiple markets/regions and are humble towards the complexity and sensitivity of what that means.
- Quality is at your heart
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication and influencing skills to help you work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders.
- You thrive when developing great people and see others succeed
- You want to make an impact and take on big complex issues
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard Time zone for collaboration and ask that all team members be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
The United States base range for this position is 210,127 – 300,181 USD, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas