Job Summary: Responsible for building, developing, and leading the program management function through strategy definition and development, growth, and people leadership.
Work Location: Remote
- Direct the activities of a broad functional area. Receives overall review of department performance.
- Build and execute a Program Management strategy for the Rackspace Cloud.
- Lead a team of high performing Program Managers as they work with cross-functional Rackspace Cloud teams.
- Anticipate issues and manage risks in collaboration with Engineering, Marketing, and Operations.
- Establish methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the Program Management Team.
- Develop and document Rackspace Cloud business processes.
- Review and fully understand all project requirements (business and technical).
- Help prioritize team activities and drive resolution of issues/dependencies.
- Help establish processes for team members to ensure project goals are met.
- Push the boundaries of how Program Management is done, driving change, and developing best in class performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, or a related field required. MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- Project Management certification, such as PMP, Six Sigma, Lean Process, etc is required.
- Requires 10 years of project management and/or operations experience including a minimum of 5 years of management and leadership experience in an RD environment.
- Experience building out and leading a successful program management team.
- Experience presenting information and communicating with executive level leadership.
- Experience applying industry-recognized project management methodology and tools.
- Demonstrated strength in technical environments with Agile approaches.
- Ability to develop track and report on the project financial budget.
- Skilled in risk analysis, project reporting, and tracking.
- Ability to operate as a matrix leader by coordinating and influencing resources across departments, divisions, and geographies.
- Working knowledge of the development of major project planning elements, to include scheduling, resourcing, communication, and implementation of plans.
Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life
For applicants working in California, Colorado, Washington, or New York City, we are excited to share the base salary ranges for this position exclusive of fringe benefits or potential bonus. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
· The anticipated starting pay range of California, Washington state and New York City applicants for this role is $149,500-$219,230
· The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $128,300-$188,210
Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus commissions, or other discretionary payments. The discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas