At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role is responsible for our online video metadata, a key part of the Gracenote video data ingestion platform, consuming data from the digital catalogs of media outlets like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and iTunes and preparing that data for curation by Gracenote’s editorial teams.
Expect to spend about creating, curate and enhancing metadata: both for currently airing TV programs, as well as maintaining a permanent library of TV program data. Proactively research information for TV and Movies assets. Initiate, track and maintain communication with broadcasters, and relevant content providers to achieve results.
- Read and understand plots and write the synopsis in English.
- Write synopsis in different character lengths/counts.
- Research and rephrase content to avoid plagiarism.
- Adapt to the in-house style and replicate it in the writing.
- Perform factual checks, using standard reference sources.
- Put in extra hours during crunched timelines and work under tight deadlines.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- Must be a graduate in any field
- Should be proficient in the English language and possess excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge or interest in television, films and SEO is an added advantage.
- Excellent research skills
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!