Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood’s offices in Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Lake Mary, FL, or Westlake, TX, depending on the applicant’s location. This role is eligible for remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. Check with your recruiter for more information.
Robinhood’s Financial Crimes Team works across a number of verticals in an effort to protect our customers, and ensure compliance with all relevant Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing rules and regulations.
The EDD Investigator will be responsible for conducting investigations to identify potential money laundering and/or terrorist financing activities, as well as other related activities. This role plays a vital part in the firm meeting its regulatory requirements. The right candidate will have prior EDD investigations experience, including preparing investigation reports, preferably with a broker-dealer or FinTech company.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Investigate customer background information, behavioral patterns, and transactions for possible money laundering or terrorists financing activity
- Prepare investigation reports summarizing findings and recommendations
- Escalate matters requiring immediate attention to management and lead discussions surrounding findings uncovered during an investigation
- Identify process improvements to increase quality, accuracy, efficiency and scalability
- Contribute to drafting new enhanced procedures or controls
- Actively participate in team and cross-departmental meetings, training, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 2+ years experience in EDD/CDD compliance or AML compliance experience with a focus on EDD at a broker-dealer, FinTech, and/or bank
- Previous experience using the Actimize case management system including SAM, CDD and ActOne Modules
- Demonstrated knowledge of BSA, AML, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and privacy laws as they apply to financial institutions
- Proven understanding of broker-dealer operation and/or financial services compliance functions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Resourceful and persistent, not willing to always accept the first answer
- ACAMS Certification
- FINRA Series 7 24
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $74000 – $87000
US Zone 2: $65000 – $77000
US Zone 3: $58000 – $68000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Clickhere to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas