Convoy is the nation’s leading digital freight network. We build technology to find smarter ways to connect shippers with carriers while solving some of the toughest problems in the 800-billion-dollar freight industry. We move millions of truckloads across the country through our interconnected network – saving money for shippers, increasing earnings for drivers, and avoiding unnecessary carbon waste for our planet (~9 million lbs of total carbon emissions to date!).
We’re proud to work with fortune 500 shippers like Home Depot and LG Electronics, and to be backed by world-class investors, including Y Combinator, Greylock, and others. Come learn what it’s like to work on complex problems in a massive industry at the center of our economy.
At Convoy, we believe that varied backgrounds, experiences, voices, and perspectives are key to innovation. Research shows that, all too often, candidates from underrepresented backgrounds don’t apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria. We invite you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the items included here. We’d love to learn about your unique experience and how you might shape the future of Convoy.
This role supports working remotely from one of the following states: Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
About the team:
The Shipper Sales team is responsible for Enterprise hunting and selling through the entire customer growth journey, from landing a logo to creating a loyal diamond shipper. They own and nurture ATL (above the line) BTL (below the line) growth oriented relationships in order to develop a robust customer portfolio.
Sales teams optimize your selling time and the speed of deal development by partnering with Account Management counterpart who knows how to optimize the PL. They partner on the business being operated, navigating Convoy, managing internal decision making, removing blockers, and helping sellers stay creative and effective about the solutions recommended. Sellers and Account Managers work together to ensure that the freight gets sold and efficiently moves over to our Customer Experience team seamlessly to service and deliver.
- You will own customer relationships and will source, engage, qualify, and educate prospective Shippers through Enterprise prospecting motions
- Manage deals from initial partner contact to contract signing, launch, and growth using Convoy Sales products and tech (e.g. Salesforce, Gong, Ironclad, etc.)
- Actively engage with shippers to drive maximum shipment growth, margin and revenue
- Develop strategic engagement plans to grow shippers in consistent fashion
- Achieve quarterly and annualized growth expectations:
- Land new customers to meet or exceed identified target
- Grow new customers with velocity to meet or exceed benchmarks
- Hit YoY Growth targets
- Carry a mixture of mature accounts, new accounts and prospects
- Grow overall shipment volume, and achieve margin revenue targets across book of business
- Stay in tune with industry news and trends to provide proactive solutions to our customers – as well as translate industry and market positioning to shipper solution(s)
- High proficiency and experience establishing, cultivating and growing senior level (C-suite, VP Director) customer relationships, navigating complex sales cycles, closing deals, and growing business withFortune 100 companies.
- Strong ability to articulate the Convoy story, verbally and in written form, mapping the story to customer needs in any freight market condition.
- Ability to understand and articulate freight characteristics and be a customer partner, guiding them to grow via expansion programs across Convoy’s various programs and offerings
- Ability to dive deep into a prospect’s business to identify potential pain points, initiatives, and other opportunities
- Ability to accelerate customer decisions and sales cycles proactively
- Ability to manage a portfolio of complex customers, in tandem with bringing in new customers, partner with account management to nurture existing accounts across multiple product lines
- Ability to hit and exceed activity metrics and financial expectations
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal stakeholders and own expectations around account strategy and results.
Convoyagers and their families’ well-being is critical to our culture:
- You’re Covered: 100% premium coverage for employee health insurance premiums and 85% premium coverage for dependents. On-demand primary care.
- Recharge: Exempt employees have flexible time off, non-exempt employees accrue PTO (approximately 11+ days per year, based on accrual), and all receive an additional 9 paid holidays per year.
- Time to bond: We offer 16 weeks of parental leave for both caregivers. We also offer family planning benefits through Progyny (can be used towards fertility preservation, IVF, adoption/surrogacy reimbursement).
- Take Care: We offer 16 free sessions per year for guided self-care with a coach, therapy, and other wellness tools through Lyra.
- Support the Unexpected: We offer backup childcare and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons.
- Plan ahead: Our 401K plan makes it easy to save for retirement. You can also utilize HSA and FSA options in our health plans.
- Get there sustainably: Public transportation (Orca or Marta card provided in eligible locations) and commuter benefits.
Convoy is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re excited to join the ride, we’d love to hear from you!
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas