Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success.
What You Will Do
- Perform general technical trouble shooting & give consultation to development teams
- Work with Operations, DBA team and other program SMEs on coding standards and peer reviews.
- Assist in production software deployments working closely with other members of the production support group to ensure the proper transition of system changes into the production environments
- Demonstrate independence, creativity and initiative with the ability to understand the systems architecture and business goals
- Analyze data conversion/migration mapping logic
- Participate in project meetings with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs
- Query optimization and troubleshooting of database related issues. Work closely with DBA and Development teams to optimized code
- Work with program SMEs to identify root cause issues in production system
- Strong problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to read code-review complex code written by others
- Support continues improvement and investigating solutions
- Good database concepts and experience, preferable with SQL/PSQL
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have: 3 years of experience with programming, create and modify SQL queries and PLSQL code.
- 1- 2 years of experience with data conversion/migration on medium to large scale projects
- 1- 2 years of experience supporting large production system with data issues
- Good to have experience supporting and troubleshooting SQL/PL, SQL*Plus and XML Publisher and Oracle RDBMS
- Ability to write clean, readable Java code
- Proficient in Java full stack developer skills and Java backend developer skills
- Good to have: Previous experience supporting Redshift databases.
- Solid understanding of ETL concepts
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail, have a strong customer focus, collaborate and function effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve data and system performance issues
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Qualified candidates MUST be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
What Would Be Nice To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and listening skills
- Strong teamwork, planning, and coordination skills
- Self-motivation, adaptability, and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to independently research and resolve technical problems in a complex IT environment with local and remote groups.
The annual salary range for this position is $95,800.00-$143,800.00. Compensation decisions depend on a wide range of factors, including but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, security clearances, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs.
What We Offer
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Group Term Life and Travel Assistance
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Health Savings Account, Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit and Parking Commuter Benefits
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development, Certifications & Learning Opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Care.com annual membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Benefits via Corestream (Critical Care, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance and ID theft protection, etc.)
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.