For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we’ve taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s? OpenPhone is changing that.
We’re a new type of business phone with a mission to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and some of the best venture firms around including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, and others. We take pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love, which is why we’re excited that our customers have rated us the #1 VoIP Provider on G2.
OpenPhone is the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning over 25,000 happy customers and $56 million in funding in just four years, it’s safe to say we’re onto something big.
Are you someone who loves helping customers? Do you appreciate new technology? If you do, then you might be perfect for the Jr. Product Specialist role at OpenPhone! As part of the Jr. Product Specialist team, you will have the opportunity to become a product expert and be a founding member of the team.
At OpenPhone, we believe that you can make a meaningful impact, and we’re looking for someone who shares that vision. You will play a crucial role in the initial interactions between customers and OpenPhone, so we need someone who is curious and can make a great impression.
Are you excited about this opportunity? We can’t wait to hear from you!
Here are some things you’ll do:
- Communicate via email with leads to vet larger opportunities to pass to the Product Specialist team. These leads will be identified from Inbound Webform submissions, submitted support tickets and our self-serve bucket. In your communication, you will need to understand the customer’s needs and how our product can fulfill those needs. You will also need to explain the benefits of our product in a clear and concise manner.
- Come up with creative ways to spark the interest of customers that causes them to respond to you. This may involve researching the customer’s industry and identifying pain points that our product can address. You may also need to think outside the box and experiment with different messaging and communication channels.
- Become a product expert (and power user) of OpenPhone and its value proposition. This involves not only understanding the features and benefits of our product but also being able to effectively communicate these to customers. You will also need to stay up-to-date with industry trends and competitors in order to provide valuable insights to the Product Specialist team.
- Provide support on additional sales projects as needed.
- You are a team player who works well in a fast paced and collaborative environment.
- You have experience in a customer facing role.
- You are a patient communicator that can identify customer needs.
- You are skilled at reading between the lines and identifying the root of customer issues.
- You can prioritize your tasks to ensure all customer needs are met in a timely manner.
- You are motivated by developing and furthering a career in sales.
- You are always looking for opportunities to learn and grow your skills.
- You are excited about the prospect of taking on new challenges and responsibilities.
- You’re passionate about creating a delightful customer experience for every person you’re in touch with.
As a fully remote company, we thrive asynchronously as a team. We are curious, ambitious, and dedicated to our work. We value trust above all else, and have a strong bias for action. If you’re looking for a place to do your life’s work, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
And remember, there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We’re looking for optimists with grit and determination, who are excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply for this role even if you don’t think you meet all the requirements.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. It is important that you are able to bring your authentic self to work every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas