Kickstarter is seeking an experienced and creative writer to join the team to support Brand and Product Marketing.
The salary for this role in the United States is $115,000 – 135,000.
About The Role
In this role, you will be responsible for crafting compelling and on-brand messaging that will help cultivate the next generation of creative entrepreneurs and strengthen brand affinity for creators and backers of Kickstarter campaigns. This role will liaise with key internal stakeholders and agency partners to implement brand positioning and messaging across marketing campaigns, creative, and multi-channel product marketing initiatives. You will work closely with our product, design, and marketing teams to ensure that our messaging is clear, consistent, and on-brand.
The ideal candidate is adept at translating insights into messaging strategy and brand voice into copy with a clear point of view. The role will be instrumental in the development of brand campaigns in collaboration with the Brand and Product Marketing team, leveraging strong copy skills and brand acumen to bring dynamic campaigns to life.
In This Role, You Will:
- Support the process to build brand vision, mission, north-star priorities, campaign strategy, and unique positioning for Kickstarter and its properties.
- Translate briefs into messaging guides, with careful creation of tone and voice that consistently represent the brand across all marketing platforms and channels.
- Develop naming, taglines, and key messaging for brand campaigns and programs, using data-driven insights to support final recommendations.
- Collaborate to support the development of brand positioning style guides and templates for messaging guides to support campaigns for our brand.
- Contribute to the marketing planning process, supporting the development of a year-round messaging calendar.
- Collaborate with Creative, Content, Social, Product, and Marketing Operations to ensure consistent brand messaging and creative is embraced across all campaigns, activations, and channels.
- Support Kickstarter and additional lines of business as appropriate.
- You have 4+ years of copywriting experience for an agency and/or brand with a demonstrated track record of successful go-to-market campaign copywriting and a robust portfolio of work.
- You are a skilled writer with the ability to tailor voice and tone.
- You have a passion for crafting language that is elevated, creative, intelligent, welcoming, and inclusive.
- You are a strategic storyteller who understands how to steward ideas from creative brief to final campaign execution copy.
- You have a keen eye for detail and appreciation for great design, with the ability to consider creative standards when preparing copy for various channels.
- You are a proactive problem-solver, who can partner with Creative and Content teams to guide on-brief, on-brand execution.
- You are open-minded to constructive feedback, using it as inspiration to evolve your approach.
- You have a demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions, and optimize outcomes.
- You are a highly collaborative, adaptable team player with capacity to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- You are skilled in cultivating meaningful, trust-based internal and external relationships, including with agency partners.
- You are able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, including presentation capabilities.
- You have knowledge of SEO best practices and how to write copy that is optimized for search engines.
- You have knowledge of industry trends and ability to serve as a subject area expert.
- Having a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, English or a related field is preferred but not required.
- Candidates should be prepared to share a portfolio of their work.
What You’ll Enjoy
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- A 4-day/32-hour workweek! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with one so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
Our Fully Virtual Team