A little about us. Splunk is the key to enterprise resilience for the 11,000+ organizations that use our Unified Security and Observability Platform. We regularly appear on a lot of “Best Places to Work” lists and we think it’s because we encourage our Splunkers to bring their whole, authentic selves. So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you, you. Because when you feel free to be you, it makes it a lot easier for us to be us.
The Corporate Strategy team at Splunk is focused on getting results for the company through performance management, operational cadence, and strategic initiatives, and is broadly aligned to the functions within our organization.
As a Manager of Corporate Strategy, you will help develop and execute strategies that drive growth and operational improvements in the business. Projects include conducting market and customer research to drive new opportunities for growth and expansion, uncovering customer and market insights, and driving business projects. You will also partner with your Corporate Strategy team members to measure and track critical initiatives, and assist in the preparation of content for Executive discussions.
In this role, you will work on highly sophisticated problems, gain insight into the strategic issues which are forefront in the minds of the leadership team, have exposure to senior-level decision-making and have the chance to create relationships with people across the company.
We are looking for a strong product and market background and demonstrated success in all areas of strategy development and execution including project management, business analysis and problem solving. We look for hardworking people with strong executive communication and consensus building capabilities. Demonstrated ability to thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment is ideal. Management consulting and technology market experience is appreciated.
This position is based out of San Francisco or San Jose and reporting up to the Vice President of the Corporate Strategy team.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Work cross-functionally to structure problems, analyze opportunities, and work towards solutions and meaningful recommendations and results through a thorough, fact-based process.
- Help our functions drive the definition, measurement and tracking of the key strategic and operational initiatives.
- Provide insights to the business through analytics and market research as required (e.g. market, customer, competitors).
- Develop strategic and business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and operating plans to capture the opportunity including product, GTM strategies, and business model.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Pre or post-graduate experience in strategy, business operations in a technology company, or top-tier consulting firm / corporate strategy field with strong exposure to technology.
- Experience driving large initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is required.
- Strong written / verbal communications to work with senior executives across various geographies and functions; comfort in business and technical discussions.
- Strong data handling and financial skills to work on sophisticated business issues with minimum supervision.
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment.
- Graduate degree from a top-tier program
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject area is appreciated.
We offer competitive pay and benefits for qualified hires. We look forward to reviewing all resumes and will contact candidates who meet the requirements.
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk’s Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $129,600.00 – 178,200.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $116,000.00 – 159,500.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $104,800.00 – 144,100.00 per year