At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As the Operations Manager for Compliance at Coinbase, you’ll lead the charge in combating money laundering and ensuring that we meet our mission to make cryptocurrency accessible to everyone. You’ll be the driving force behind our Anti-Money Laundering (AML) operations, leading a team of passionate professionals who are just as dedicated to making a difference as you are. With your expertise in compliance, operations, and organizational management, you’ll be the mastermind behind scaling our operations to new heights and optimizing our policies and procedures to align with the latest industry best practices.
In this critical role, you’ll take charge of identifying areas for improvement and working closely with your team and cross-functional partners to develop and implement effective solutions that will help us meet our goals in a meaningful way. But that’s not all – you’ll also be responsible for building, growing, and managing a world-class team across co-located and remote sites.
As a natural leader with a passion for compliance and operations, you’ll collaborate with other leaders, internal stakeholders, and outsourced vendor partners to ensure that our operations are scaling in a thoughtful, effective way. If you’re ready to take on a challenge that will make a difference in the world, we want you on our team. Apply now and be a part of something truly transformative!
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- You will execute the strategic vision for Compliance by scaling operational performance, which includes the execution of operational OKRs, KPIs and initiatives.
- In partnership with Compliance, Legal, Program Management, and other operational support partners (i.e. Workforce Management, Vendor Management, Analytics, Quality Assurance, etc.) you will create and scale operational mechanisms to manage productivity, improve quality, and contribute to best-in-class compliance operations.
- You are responsible for the development of standard work and will utilize your Compliance background and team of Compliance professionals to collect feedback and drive upstream improvements to user guides, procedures, and policy.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics, reporting, capacity planning and financials to make informed data-driven decisions.
- Drive weekly, monthly, and quarterly vendor business reviews to instill customer focus and operational excellence culture across all tiers of support.
- Thoughtfully delegate tactical responsibilities and set performance expectations across the organization.
- Hire, lead and develop a diverse, high performing team, setting up the organization for success through investments in career growth.
What we look for in you (i.e. job requirements):
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission
- Minimum of 5 years of proven KYC/AML experience in financial services or technology organizations leading large teams (100-500+) across multiple countries and regions.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with global outsourcing providers and senior leadership.
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations, and risk management practices for financial services.
- Hands-on involvement in developing and producing metrics and reporting.
- Proficient in PowerPoint/Google Slides and Excel/Google Sheets.
- A BA/BS degree in business, finance, and other related fields.
Nice to haves:
- Advanced degree in business, finance, and other related fields.
- Experience with and/or keen interest in cryptocurrency.
- Experience working across multiple AML systems and programs simultaneously (e.g., experience in combinations of KYC, AML, and Sanctions).
- Experience with or previous exposure to financial services regulators.
- Professional certifications (e.g. CRCM, CAMS, CIA, CISA, and CICA).
- Deep understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.