Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
Principal Product Manager, Media Platform
As a Yahoo Content Pages Platform Product Manager, you’ll make it faster and easier for Yahoo’s product development teams to present journalism in engaging ways while stitching in business needs like advertising, marketing and more into that storytelling experience. You’ll be responsible for the frameworks, services, APIs and infrastructure powering one of the largest content ecosystems in the world. You’ll help accelerate product development and content creation that’s ultimately experienced by billions of users.
The Content Experience team drives powerful company growth by seeking the pain of builders across Yahoo. We move with urgency and focus to help them innovate faster.
- Work with a talented team of engineers, designers and data scientists to improve the front-end platform that glues together services for content data, monetization, recommendations, analytics, marketing, user account management and more into a developer-friendly experience at massive scale.
- Inspire and accelerate the innovative experiments of product teams focused on the content experience at Yahoo News, Sports, Finance, Commerce and more. You’ll focus on making development on the shared content presentation platform easier and more enjoyable. You’ll build new core capabilities, self-service tooling and more that helps empower those product teams.
- Build and improve core capabilities within the front-end platform needed to present and distribute our journalism in a way that prioritizes good user experience, search engine optimization, accessibility and page performance.
- Drive product requirements definition, planning and design (including writing PRDs) of new features and enhancements.
- Work cross-functionally with the Product, Engineering, Business and Design teams to bring features live to the media platform.
- Understand and lead analyses of the competitive environment, our customers’ needs and product metrics to determine the right set of features to accelerate product development.
- Develop a focused, thorough product roadmap to deliver on business goals. Your roadmap should focus on delivering high-quality infrastructure and new capabilities to the content presentation platform.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A customer and market obsession, who takes ownership of the details, and works backwards from the perfect solution by finding creative incremental ways to make progress.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace.
- Ability to manage and lead across highly cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $136,125.00 – $283,750.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.