Lime is the world’s largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Product Designer to lead design initiatives for our consumer-facing and supply products and establish design patterns to enhance our global rider experience and supply labor partners. Your work will be seen and used by consumers and labor partners all over the world in the 150+ markets we operate in.
In addition to solid interaction and visual design skills, candidates should have experience thinking in terms of end-to-end user journey, applying strategic thinking and business goals to designs, and focusing on user feedback. We also look for candidates who know how to work as a team since you’ll be working with product managers, product designers, and engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the product definition process together with Product Management, Engineering, and Business teams.
- Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, specifications.
- Understand the competitive market, and leverage your knowledge to suggest new features and flows.
- Ensure that final design proposals meet the objectives of the user experience and fit with the overall brand.
- Partner with product managers and engineers to own the user experience of new features from conception until launch.
- Collaborate with Lime’s hardware team to ensure the overall experience, spanning from software to hardware to service, are cohesive and support the rider and labor partners journey.
- Drive the team to build experiences that delight users spanning software, hardware and the real world.
- 15+ years of experience in crafting, building and shipping quality consumer-facing products across a diverse group of platforms and form factors.
- An ability to own and drive the strategy and execution of entire end-to-end product solutions.
- A process that grounds work in user research and considers the context of the user’s experience.
- You are meticulous and detail-oriented with an ability to execute at a high level of aesthetic craft.
- Experience working in a very dynamic environment.
- Familiar with Figma and iterating quickly as the ideas evolve.
- Experience participating in both foundational and evaluative research.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $138,000.00 to $ 230,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate’s skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate’s location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.