Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into our culture, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It is how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Inclusive Design & Culture is a group of designers, researchers, accessibility practitioners and acumen experts, with a passion for improving and innovating our product experiences for Target’s guests, team members, and partners. This means intentionally creating products, systems, and experiences that span economic, social, and cultural barriers. It means addressing relevant foundational solutions, as well as creating space for the nuanced celebrations in every community. Being a part of the team means you will play a critical role for Target’s guest experience by increasing accessibility, value, and delight for all families.
As the Product Development Manager, Inclusive Design & Culture, you will be accountable for championing the advancement of social sustainability within Target. You will focus on multicultural advancement, by supporting work for Target’s Advancing Design Diversity program. Under the direction of the Director of Inclusive Design & Culture, you will collaborate with teams across the Target Enterprise and with external partners to deliver long term impact to American design diversity. You will be accountable for engaging, encouraging, and elevating designers of color throughout their design journeys. This will include high school, post-secondary school, and experience through professional practice. You will be accountable for managing the Advancing Design Diversity program, which includes:
- Build Knowledge and Open Access: Establish relationships with faculty and students in focus regions to increase exposure to design opportunities. Support design-aspiring students on the path towards professional design careers and/or post-secondary design study. Manage research, scope, and guidance for program development. Preparation may include the creation enhanced tools, trainings, and insights into Target career paths.
- Participatory Design Experience: Partner with program captains and leads to provide opportunity for design-engaged diverse talent to build their skills outside of the traditional college structure. Collaborate to ensure the growth and advancement of diverse students via mentoring, capital, and professional design opportunities. Co-create unique Target engagements & offerings to invest in and develop diverse design talent for future workforce, while building diverse talent pipelines for Target. Ensure that the Advancing Design Diversity program and initiatives are in alignment with Target Forward and REACH strategies.
- Internal and External Partnerships: Serves as the central point of contact and influence for peers and partners on the subject of design diversity. Builds collaborative relationships with internal and external partners including diverse affinity groups, diverse design professionals, peer organizations, academia, and community partners to elevate design diversity. Represents Target at virtual and in-person career and creative development events, tracking social and cultural trends that enabling the acceleration of diverse talent. Events may include conferences, co-design collaborations, and sponsorships.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Design and/or Social Science Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years relevant design thinking work or community experience
- Possess knowledge or experience in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programing
- Elevated level of Emotional Intelligence and exceptional at developing partnerships
- Excellent listening, persuasive communication, and compelling presentation skills
- A growth oriented, learning mindset with an ability to inspire others to embrace change
- Ability to manage multiple projects, at various stages and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
This position may be considered for Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as “Flex for Your Day”) work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that is not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to four times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member’s core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as “Flex for Your Day”) work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member’s core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.Team Members in the Target General Merch Inc (TGMI) operating company are strictly prohibited from working more than 30 days per year in the following 16 states: AL, AR, DE, FL, IN , IA, LA, MD, MS, MO, NC, OK, PA, SC, TN and VA. If hired, you are prohibited from working remotely from one of the states listed above for more than 30 days per year.
The pay range is $67,600.00 – $121,700.00