Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
Yahoo Search helps you find the information you need and get fast answers to help navigate your life. We are committed to building and revitalizing Yahoo’s search experience and positioning it for the future.
The Sr. Manager, Product Marketing for Yahoo Search is a new role that is responsible for the overall marketing strategy, campaigns, and communications to drive the positioning and product adoption for Yahoo Search. You will play a critical role to grow the business as you build the strategy to drive brand affinity, acquisition and retention. You will create full funnel growth marketing plans to increase query volume, grow users and drive feature adoption. You will also partner with the product leads to ensure the voice of the customer is reflected in product strategies.
We are a growth-oriented organization with a heavy focus on conducting and analyzing experiments and then iterating and applying the insights in a consistent and fast-paced loop. If you like to make data-based decisions and flex your creativity in a nimble environment, you have found the right match.
- Own/refine the global product positioning for Yahoo Search and branding across a portfolio of consumer products.
- Build differentiated value propositions, pricing models, and promotions, and source customer evidence and 3rd party proof points across key global markets
- Be a subject matter expert in the Search category including the competitive, privacy and security landscape and their impact on the Search industry.
- Develop a structure and process that carves out a dedicated space for innovation and in-market testing of repeatable, scalable, brand- and audience-building marketing ideas across the portfolio of Search products.
- Engage and influence internal stakeholders across Product, Media, Editorial, Engineering, and Business Planning, Integrated Marketing, PR, and Advertising teams
- Architect strategy and high profile campaigns, promotions, partnerships and content initiatives to achieve key KPIs and execute against the acquisition, engagement, and retention goals for Yahoo Search across available marketing channels including product onboarding, CRM, social, mobile networks, SEM, and Yahoo Network.
- Build scaled and integrated marketing campaigns and executions, inclusive of industry tentpole and sponsorship strategies, proprietary partner executions, and industry partnership development and management.
- An expert marketer with 8+ years of B2C product marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience building go-to-market strategies
- Demonstrated track record of executing global marketing programs that drove acquisition, engagement, and retention with proven results
- Experience building frameworks for strategic decisions
- Analytical & problem-solving skills to dissect & work through complex challenges
- Building trusted relationships across functional groups (Product, Creative, Editorial, Sales etc) including at the executive level
- Exceptional communication skills
- BA/BS degree
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $122,250.00 – $255,000.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.