About AppenAppen is a leader in AI enablement for critical tasks such as model improvement, supervision, and evaluation. To do this we leverage our global crowd of over one million skilled contractors, speaking over 180 languages and dialects, representing 130 countries. In addition, we utilize the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform to collect and label various types of data like images, text, speech, audio, and video.Our data is crucial for building and continuously improving the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems and Appen is already trusted by the world’s largest technology companies. Now with the explosion of interest in generative AI, Appen is helping leaders in automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products.At Appen, we are purpose driven. Our fundamental role in AI is to ensure all models are helpful, honest, and harmless, so we firmly believe in unlocking the power of AI to build a better world. We have a learn-it-all culture that values perspective, growth, and innovation. We are customer-obsessed, action-oriented, and celebrate winning together.At Appen, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Appen’s Quality Analyst (QA) will be responsible for monitoring and driving key performance metrics for a group of independent contractors (ICs) and employees (PTEs). QAs are responsible for the overall quality of a project and will work collaboratively with an Appen project team to meet all project and client requirements.
- Quality Management:
- Meet all quality and accuracy goals for various Appen projects
- Execute day-to-day quality process for all assigned projects
- Perform ad-hoc quality reviews of crowdsourced tasks to ensure accuracy and alignment to guideline instructions
- Provide on-the-spot positive and constructive feedback to contributors regarding metrics-driven performance issues
- Identify training opportunities that will drive increased levels of quality through various projects
Virtual Team Management:
- Provide Crowd Support in alignment with job roles and responsibilities
- Respond to contributor inquiries about the platform, quality metrics and customer audits
- Manage a virtual team of proficient contributors that meet or exceed quality targets
- Prepare and disseminate project materials based on contributor and/or client feedback to clarify guidelines or task instructions
- Solicit and use input and feedback from Appen managers and crowd to help drive efficiencies and improve quality plans
Reporting and Communication:
- Analyze and evaluate statistical reports to proactively identify and improve individual contributors and project results to improve client satisfaction.
- Provide regular reporting on project quality status, as well as more in-depth analysis.
- Communicate service-level expectations and directions to all contributors.
- Provide up-to-date information that helps Appen staff and contributors anticipate and solve problems.
- Communicate, with all stakeholders, in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Participate in program improvements, initiatives, and committee work as assigned
- Participate in regular team meetings with program staff
- Where necessary, complete additional tasks as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Driven to focus on quality and service delivery
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Flexible independent; able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change
- Proficient in English. Excellent communication skills, including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Must also be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills, including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information, and set a course of action
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for a global marketplace and workforce
- Innovative thinker who drives the development and implementation of new ideas
Qualifications and Experience
Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle with more than 25 years’ experience in data sourcing, annotation, and model evaluation. Through our expertise, platform, and global crowd, we enable organizations to launch the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence products with speed and at scale. Appen maintains the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform and boasts a global crowd of more than 1 million contributors worldwide, speaking more than 235 languages. Our products and services make Appen a trusted partner to leaders in technology, automotive, finance, retail, healthcare, and government. Appen has customers and offices globally.
- BS or BA degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of quality management experience in a metric-driven setting working in a production, operation, or call center environment is desired.
- Experience managing and prioritizing large volumes of email correspondence
- Experience with a Windows operating system and both Office suite and G-suite of products
- Experience creating computer-based training courses is a plus
- Proficiency in Bengali, Telugu, Tamil, or Marathi is preferred, but not required
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas