The Strategic Economics Research Solutions team is looking for an early career PhD economist to help build foundational research and tools in Spotify Advertising. We use the science of Economics to shape strategy and business. We do foundational economic research and work closely with business partners to inform business decision making.
In this role, you will build econometric solutions to understand connections between advertisers and listeners, perform causal analysis, and contribute in auction design research. You will join a centralized Economics team of economists and data scientists to build novel research and actionable insights. If this sounds exciting, please apply!
What You’ll Do
- Lead economic solutions from end to endDeliver with independence on challenging large-scale problems with complexity and ambiguity
- Write code (Python, R, SQL, etc.) to obtain, manipulate, and analyze large data
- Build econometric models and design experiments to solve specific business problems and inform strategic decisions in advertising
- Work closely cross-functionally with economists, engineers, product owners, and business decisions makers
- Be a foundational member of the Economics Ph.D. job family at Spotify and contribute to growing the job family throughout the company
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key partners at the Director, VP, and Executive levels and support external publication of research findings
Who You Are
- You have a Ph.D. in Economics or a similar quantitative field (specialization in Reduced Form Causal Analysis or Empirical Industrial Organization is preferred)
- 1+ years of experience post Ph.D.
- Prior experience estimating causal impacts of policy/business changes and/or deep understanding of auction design
- Prior experience with a statistical scripting language (Python (preferred), R, or STATA)
- You are a communicative person that values building positive relationships with colleagues and partners and have the ability to explain sophisticated topics in simple terms.
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Time time zone for collaboration.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
The United States base range for this position is $135,586 – $169,482 plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.