We make Octopus Deploy.
We simplify complex software deployments so our customers can focus on what they do best and ship software on time without unwanted disruptions or surprises.
🐙350,000+ people use Octopus Deploy.
🐙600,000+ virtual machines run our Tentacle agent.
🐙150,000,000+ deployments to date.
🐙90% support emails answered in two hours or less.
🐙Over 25,000 companies use Octopus Deploy, including (curious? check this out)
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing software companies (and we’re taking on the world). After bootstrapping for a decade, in 2021, we quietly raised Australia’s second-largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD 172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to delight customers, and want to be a member of a fast-growing team, you’ll love this position.
As an SDR, you are the front-line of prospect outreach at Octopus with a goal to generate qualified opportunities for our Sales Team. You will be responsible for developing and owning the “top-of-funnel” through cold calling, cold emailing, social channels, and leads. You will be expected to learn the Octopus product in order to quickly and effectively communicate the value proposition, respond to objections, and speak to the industry trends. This role is pivotal to our team’s aggressive growth targets, so a growth mindset, resilience, adaptability, and commitment to seeking creative solutions for individual prospects will be crucial in this role.
A Typical Day Might Look Like:
- Establish active communication and engagement with prospects to create new leads and sales openings.
- Qualify prospects based on their current business challenges and needs using targeted and relevant questions.
- Clearly communicating Octopus’ value propositions to prospects and learning about their needs to see if there’s a good fit.
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward.
- Collaborate with sales teams by bringing innovative lead generation ideas to each meeting.
- Reaching out to leads captured and nurtured by the Marketing Team to book demonstrations.
- Provide feedback to the Marketing Team regarding the quality of marketing-sourced leads.
- Provide support to the Sales team as needed.
You’ll Be A Great Fit For This Role If You:
- Live in Australia and have full working rights.
- 1-2 years of business development experience delivering quality leads to highly motivated sales teams.
- Can demonstrate previous experience with a technology or SaaS product, Software sales experience required, DevOps experience preferred.
- Anticipate needs by studying services and conducting market research to identify new leads.
- Are able to deliver engaging presentations.
- Have experience monitoring and attending meetings with prospects while handling the introductions and follow-up with the Account Executives.
- Think strategically and tactically. Able to maintain a positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection, or failure.
- Speak with Engineering Managers, DevOps Managers, and similar stakeholders at an early stage and ask intelligent questions.
- Are organized and possess strong time management skills.
- Have excellent written verbal communication.
- Are Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Operate with a sense of urgency and persistence.
- Have prior lead generation and/or sales prospecting experience as this is a must.
- Have experience using sales development platforms to execute the outreach process consisting of phone, email, and social touches.
- Comfortably work solo with equal enthusiasm to being a productive team member, making outbound calls every day.
- Have working knowledge of the enterprise software market or the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Strive to continuously improve your sales development process and demonstrate a willingness to learn and implement best practices.
Why Is This A Great Opportunity?
- We offer great benefits, including generous laptop and home office allowances, plus stock options!
- Annual leave of 25 x days.
- Parents receive 12 weeks of fully Paid Parental Leave.
- We value transparency and fairness in every aspect of our business. For example, Paul (our CEO) shares monthly updates on company performance, and our pay structures are designed to pass the ‘printer test’.
- Trust and autonomy. Octonauts are treated like adults, and are trusted to find the best way of working for the task at hand, without managers looking over their shoulder.
- You’ll be joining a high-growth company with numerous opportunities to learn and advance your career.
- Remote first: work from wherever you feel most productive.
- We are a supportive company where everyone’s contribution is valued.
- We respect and encourage work/life balance.
- We’ve built an inclusive workplace culture and understand the true importance of culture-add, versus culture-fit.
- From day 1, you’ll have a buddy helping you get your bearings. You can book in coffee chats with anyone in the company. We encourage everyone to have a voice in all aspects of the product and the business. So much so that we have an open chat policy (all channels are public by default) and everyone is welcome!
- If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of disability, please let us know and we’ll try our best to accommodate.
- Also when it comes to inclusivity, we mean it, check out our handbook!
- If you’d like to work at Octopus, reach out and say hello!
How To Apply
- You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in the relevant job ad location to apply for this opportunity.
- Submit a CV – your LinkedIn profile is also acceptable as long as it contains enough information for us to assess your fit for the role.
- We welcome any other relevant documents or portfolios necessary to showcase your skillset and why you think you’d be a great fit here at Octopus.
[Note to Search Firms/Agencies]
Octopus Deploy does not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Octopus Deploy and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Octopus Deploy will be deemed the sole property of Octopus Deploy and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Octopus Deploy.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas