At Starburst, we are working to dismantle the status quo of data silos and vendor lock-in every single day. For decades, database companies have held their customers hostage and we believe that’s just plain wrong. Starburst offers a full-featured data lake analytics platform, built on open source Trino. Our platform includes all the capabilities needed to discover, organize, and consume data without the need for time-consuming and costly migration projects. Today more than 300 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way as we bootstrapped the business with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We are a remote-first company with employees all over the world and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
Are you a builder, doer, with a curious mind and hungry to make an impact?
We are looking for high performers who can marry Starburst Data’s leading product offering with the right customer. Partnering with an all-star sales team that rolls up their sleeves at our fast-paced growth company, you should be inquisitive, and have some understanding of our offerings, while we give you the tools and mentorship to be the very best. You revel in the day to day details, all while understanding the big picture — routing your sales efforts to Account Executives with ease. This is the ideal role for an entry-level candidate hungry to launch their career in software sales.
As a Sales Development Representative at Starburst you will
- Introduce potential customers with a 35,000 foot view of Starburst Data
- Collaborate across sales and marketing to strategize and generate appointments for outbound prospecting – growing our pipeline by offering market solutions
- Meticulously track and nurture your outbound activity
- Nimbly interact with potential customers through various points of contact including attending in person meetings, trainings, and trade shows with confidence and ease
Some of the things we look for
- Pride yourself on your “bedside manner” with all levels of customers: in-person, on the phone, and in written form
- Have knowledge of workflow systems and related customer business process improvements
- Adeptly prioritize and reprioritize based on the evolving demands of other departments
- Know that Salesforce isn’t just a building in San Francisco
- Thrive in the unknown – and have a track record to prove it
- Fluent German speaker
Where could this role be based?
London, Berlin or Munich
All candidates receive equity (ISO) and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. Work location, skills, experience, and any relevant education or training determine the compensation awarded to the candidate. The Recruiting Team or Hiring Manager can share more about the specific salary range with you during the recruitment process.
Why build your career at Starburst?
We live by our three core company values: Character, Competence, and Ownership and are a team of top performers. We are each in the driver’s seat, shaping our organization and working together towards our common mission. We are solving exceptionally complex and meaningful challenges here and as we innovate, we each have the opportunity to build our careers alongside Starbursts’s growth.
We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, flexible paid time off, and more!
Starburst Data is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to work. Everyone is welcome at the Starburst table and we have several employee resource groups such as Womxn At Starburst, Starburst Military, and Starburst Pride. We know that the more diverse perspectives we have at the table will only serve us to make a better team and company.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.