At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with our longer term vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS workforce management company designed to simplify employee scheduling, time and attendance tracking, and task management for businesses. We are headquartered in Sydney (AU) and San Francisco (USA), with offices in Melbourne (AU), and London (UK). We’ve helped employers across all industries in 70+ countries optimize their workforce and improve operational efficiency. As a fast-growing tech company, Deputy offers an exciting and dynamic work environment with opportunities for career growth and development.
This is a remote role (working from home), so we are totally happy for you to be based anywhere in the West Coast US timezone.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
We are looking for a Security Engineer with a background in one or more security domains covering application security, cloud, security orchestration, incident response, endpoint, security assurance and corporate security.
The Deputy Trust team is responsible for ensuring that the Deputy platform lives up to the high expectations of the millions of people using it every day. We work to continually minimise risk while ensuring that customers and employees have an excellent experience. We also like to think we’re a pretty fun team too! You will have an opportunity to help build the security team culture you have always wanted to work in. We support and encourage Diversity and Inclusion in our hiring process, and welcome a broad variety of skills and experiences into all our roles.
Like many scale-up roles, this is a varied position that will focus on several aspects of security including incident response, security assurance, secure development, SIEM platform management, building internal security tooling, automating compliance and privacy controls and more you can ask us about in the interview.
WHO YOU ARE
You are currently in a security engineering or operations role and are passionate about automation and designing secure products and solutions. You might have an IT/systems administration background and are keen to specialise in security, or you might have experience in one of the listed domains looking to explore multiple facets of an end-to-end security program.
- You have experience in information security fundamentals, have been working in the industry for a couple of years, and are looking to use your skills and expertise to build and influence a new security practice.
- You have a background in one or more security domains covering application security, cloud, incident response, corporate security or compliance and are passionate about automating security solutions at scale.
- You love data and metrics to drive decisions.
- You are highly effective at collaborating with other areas of the business and leading with influence rather than relying on authority.
- You have strong presentation and written documentation skills, working together requires telling a story everyone can understand.
- You are comfortable with taking on a “builder” mindset, you are ready to learn, aren’t afraid to ask questions and execute with a high agency.
WHAT YOUR TALENTS ARE
- Familiar with software architecture, able to work with software engineers to understand their projects, and give well-reasoned opinions on topics larger than security.
- Experience with one or more of the following: application security, cloud, incident response, SIEM management, threat hunting and corporate security.
- Experience working at or with software and product-led companies.
-Employee Stock Ownership
-Competitive Compensation Packages
-401k Company Match
-Comprehensive Health Benefits
-Commuter Reimbursement Program
-Flexible Work Schedule
WHY JOIN DEPUTY?
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas