At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Customer Success Engineering, the Senior Customer Success Engineer responsibilities include resolving customer concerns, creating and improving internal tooling, and engineering solutions to help Vercel customers get the most out of the platform.
To be successful in this role, you must be an excellent communicator who’s able to earn our customers’ trust and understand technical problems quickly. You will also ideally have a background in frontend development, enjoy technical writing, and have a passion for digging deep to find and resolve root causes. In addition to this, you will be comfortable with evening, weekend, and on-call work based on a rota system.
Ultimately, you will help establish our reputation as a company that is exceptional at helping its customers meet their goals throughout all parts of the customer journey while engineering solutions to constantly improve the customer experience.
This role is Remote US West Coast based (can include Mountain, Pacific, Alaska, and Hawaii time zones)
What You Will Do:
- Solving interesting cases for Vercel customers.
- Troubleshooting customer issues alongside our engineering team.
- Working with other Vercel teams to provide advice and assistance, both internally and externally.
- Developing and improving internal tools alongside engineering.
- Specializing in a few product areas and owning that within the team.
- Improving existing, and identifying new, internal documentation, processes and policies.
- Assisting Customer Success Managers with Enterprise requests.
- You lead by example and provide feedback to mentor other members of the team.
- You have frontend development experience with Next.js.
- You understand modern web architecture, frontend frameworks like React, cloud technologies serverless computing, and DNS. You can explain this clearly to others.
- You enjoy engineering solutions to resolve root causes of recurring problems.
- You are experienced with incident management and procedural communication.
- You possess exceptional communication skills.
- You are comfortable working with a fully remote, globally distributed team.
- You have a passion to deliver a customer experience second to none.
- Availability to work within a weekend and on-call rota.
- 3+ years experience in a highly technical support role.
Bonus If You:
- Have experience supporting backend runtime environments, especially Node.js.
- Have experience with CDNs and a good understanding of caching techniques.
- Work with monorepos and/or custom, complex CI/CD pipelines.
- Stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA base pay range for this role is $110,000 – $151,500. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas