Viator, a Tripadvisor company, is the biggest marketplace for experiences in the travel industry. We have more than 300,000 bookable products in almost every country on the planet, and are helping millions of travelers every month to discover things to do.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the experiences’ space. We’re looking for a talented Senior Data Scientist to join our 12 strong DS&ML team works across some of the most exciting problems in e-commerce and travel, including:
- Sort & Ranking
- User Recommendations
- Product Understanding
- User Acquisition & Retention
- Online Advertising
Working across the Viator brand, you will work alongside seasoned Data and Machine Learning Scientists at the cutting edge of the following disciplines:
- Deep Learning
- Bayesian Modeling
- Large Language Models (LLMs)
- Product embeddings
- Recommender Systems
- Computer Vision
At Viator, we understand that Data Science and Machine Learning are broad and evolving fields. Whether you are a seasoned expert in Deep Learning, or have a wider range of expertise across multiple areas, within the Viator DS&ML team you will be encouraged to find your niche to make an impact on our travellers. You will deploy your solutions online and observe your work’s impact in real-time via A/B tests as you help the company grow. You should expect to work closely with a cross disciplinary team to develop, test and deploy models into production regularly.
What skills do I need:
- A postgraduate degree in Machine Learning / AI or a related discipline OR demonstrable experience with the data science lifecycle – i.e. from problem definition to model deployment and beyond (monitoring and improvement).
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (including Numpy, Pandas, and Scikit-learn).
- An understanding of MLOps and best practices around experimentation, deployment and monitoring. You should be familiar with concepts such as data versioning, model versioning, model monitoring and CI/CD for DS&ML
- A flair for business understanding, with the ability to communicate effectively with audiences of various backgrounds, levels, and functions.
What’s in it for me:
- Competitive salary, bonus and stock for all staff regardless of level.
- Health, dental, life, critical illness and long term disability insurance.
- Lifestyle benefit – this is very cool. Every year you are given an allowance for your lifestyle, this could be for a holiday, gym membership, family support and much more.
- 25 days annual leave plus the days between Christmas and New Year as our offices are closed.
- Summer flexi-time, May to September all employees can request for compressed hours in order to make the most of daylight savings and enjoy life. We are an experience company after all!
This role can be based in London, Oxford or remote in the United Kingdom.
What are you waiting for? Do not delay and apply today!