StackCommerce is the leading product discovery platform for publishers and brands. Our award-winning solution allows users to discover and purchase products on the publisher sites they visit daily. We provide 2500+ merchants and retailers with unmatched exposure through product listings and shoppable articles. For publishers, we power white-labeled e-commerce shops with on-site checkout for readers. We’ve helped over 1,000 publishers monetize with commerce, including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and more.
The Senior Engineer will apply their years of technical experience developing web applications towards building scalable ecommerce platform solutions with special responsibility for our product search and discovery platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Configure and maintain Elasticsearch and related search technologies
- Contribute toward our ongoing roadmap for Search and Discovery
- Develop software solutions in Ruby on Rails
- Maintain a standard for modular and test-driven code
- Take on large projects with a high level autonomy
- Contribute to important architectural decisions
- Adhere to and advocate for technology standards and best practices
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelors in CS or significantly broad engineering experience
- 6+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Experience implementing feature-sized code changes without guidance.
- Experience implementing large components and/or significant rearchitecting a system alongside a team.
- Experience writing unit tests, integration tests, etc. and working as part of a technical team.
- Experience acting as a technical lead on some projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with cross-functional groups.
- Ability to describe technical projects at the right level of detail to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A track record of being a trusted advisor and partner both inside and outside of an engineering team.
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better — and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Remote Interviews: You’ll be meeting with 2-3 team members on separate video calls. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know one of our senior executives over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Our overall compensation and rewards package includes base pay, bonus or commission, and a variety of benefits. Base pay is determined within a range that allows you the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The anticipated annualized salary range for this role is $128,033 – $173,867 (this range may be modified in the future based on changing market conditions). Your initial base pay will be determined based on several factors, including demonstrated skills, relevant education or training, experience, qualifications, travel requirements, and job location.
Benefits + Perks:
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Health Benefits: We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- 401K: Eligible on your first day of employment.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind with unlimited PTO, plus an office closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Generous Parental Leave Program: 12 weeks of paid pregnancy disability and baby bonding leave, as well as 4 weeks of paid paternity leave that must be taken within the first six months of the birth.
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more.
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success.
- Events: Happy hours, team bonding budgets and culture events (even while remote!) and an annual company offsite.
By the numbers…
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?