Hi, I’m Kitt, VP of Engineering at Customer.io. I’m looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join our remote team.
We’re fun-loving, passionate, and highly effective people. We value diversity (our core values include awkwardness for a reason) and believe embracing unique perspectives is crucial to our success. We ship fast, with just enough processes to keep us coordinated.
Our mission is to provide a best-in-class message management system to help our customers quickly craft meaningful content that reaches their customers. We know that data management can be a headache and have long recommended using a customer data platform as standard practice. For years we’ve also been building customer data platform features, including Reverse ETL, custom objects, and a sync to data warehouses. Now we’re building Customer.io Data Pipelines (CDP). CDP connects our customer’s data to every product in their tech stack. Our back-end is written in Go.
We are looking for collaborative senior fullstack developers who love solving large-scale puzzles and are excited to help us build a performant platform that our customers love. Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate, and highly effective. We offer many opportunities to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact.
We seek product-minded, empowered individuals who work collaboratively with their peers on challenging problems and get those solutions into customers’ hands quickly. We value diversity, attracting the best people in the world to serve as colleagues. Our flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere in the world enables you to craft a work environment in which you can do your best work.
What you’ll do:
- Be a model and mentor for writing well-architected, well-tested, and easy-to-understand services in Go and Node
- Apply your unique perspective to help us define and build the next generation of features and infrastructure needed to help our customers and our company to flourish
- Work with our tech support teams to diagnose operational issues and help our customers to achieve their goals with our product
- Take an active role in a friendly, supportive squad that encourages you and the entire company to grow as individuals, professionals, and teams
- Mentor your coworkers through code review, pair programming, team collaboration, and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together
What we’re looking for:
- An independent mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make significant decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Passion for building frontend experiences that delight customers.
- A deep understanding of working with extensive datasets. Significant experience building out performant distributed applications on cloud infrastructure, preferably in Go
- Experience building out a Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Experience working with customers and applying a deep understanding of their needs to produce timely solutions to their real-world problems.
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Ability to quickly and independently dig into complex problems, identify critical factors and propose solutions with limited mentorship.
- Able to overlap 6 working hours on ET time zone to interact with the team.
- Comfort working in UNIX environments and applying modern collaborative development practices.
- Experience in working with RDB systems, preferably MySQL
- Experience working within a distributed company is preferred
- Preferably over 7 years of relevant experience
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 5,500 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We offer a starting salary of USD $160,000 – $184,000 USD (or equivalent in local currency) depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 16 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, workshops, and passion projects – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Opportunities to meet in-person with your peers throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and employment verifications as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you’re interested in the position! We will respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process (order is subject to change):
- 30 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- 50 minute video call with two potential teammates
- Homework assignment + Review call with two potential teammates