MessageBee is a modern marketing tool for public libraries that is used to send branded email, SMS, and phone communications. With MessageBee, libraries can enrich their current communications to keep patrons up-to-date with library offerings and events.
MessageBee is developed by UMS, a company providing communication and business services to public libraries since 1994. Having established relationships with thousands of libraries across the world, UMS is committed to developing tools that help libraries succeed and thrive in their missions. The MessageBee system is designed to help libraries provide better communications and drive higher engagement leading to better utilization of these public resources.
We are adding a Senior Developer who has strong front end fundamentals to our team to work on a full redesign of our web portal. Our team is very small, so we are looking for a candidate who thrives knowing they make a big impact with the work they do. You are someone who likes a challenge, but isn’t afraid to ask questions.
As a Senior developer, you will be working alongside our Lead developer as we redesign MessageBee, working to create a pleasant UI/UX experience for library staff to create communications and view reports, and create a scalable communication platform that sends millions of communications per day.
What we’re looking for:
- Familiarity with modern web technologies – we use Remix as our meta-framework of choice
- Self-starters who take ownership of their work, who are confident in their role as a technical leader
- Someone excited to coach and mentor junior developers and establish best practices in a team
You’ll work on:
- Migrate features from the current MessageBee site into the redesigned one.
- Collaborate on architecture and design of the MessageBee notification system.
- Develop, integrate, and extend complex UI tools, like an interactive email editor and dynamic query builder.
- Work with various AWS services to power our products.
- Assist in mentoring the other members of our team.
Skills and Relevant Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development, with full-stack experience with any tech stack
- At least 2 years experience with React and Typescript
- Understanding of architectural patterns of scalable applications (high volume data pipelines in our case)
- Experience with database modeling for SQL and/or NoSQL
- You are a strong proponent of automated testing
- It is a bonus if you have AWS and serverless experience
- Salary range: 110k – 140k
- Medical, dental & vision
- PTO – 15 days, then 20 after the first year
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Professional development
- Dependent care FSA
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected] and responses to the following questions (and anything else you would like us to know):
- What is your Github account name?
- What is your preferred editor for writing code?
- In a few sentences, tell us about a technology you are excited to work with in your next job.
Tagged as: Senior-level