The Cars Marketplace team is responsible for enabling the car rental and every associated feature to the Hopper App users, on both iOS and Android. Also, in Q4 we will start to work on Cars for Hopper Web. The person who joins the team will be the first engineer on this new project!
As a Senior Full Stack Web Engineer, you will contribute to a product that impacts millions of users. You will be responsible for creating and evolving the Web interface and the underlying system architecture that supports Hopper’s products as we scale, as well as contributing to the design, implementation, deployment, and operation of their backend systems. You’ll be building our end-to-end prototypes and tests for product features and ideas, inventing, iterating on, and applying our latest frameworks to help optimize the user experience on the Web.
You will collaborate with a team of talented engineers, product managers, and data scientists to break down complex problems and experiment with new ideas very quickly. Your contributions will be broad, and you’ll be expected to nimbly move across our tech stack.
You will have an opportunity to provide impact and have ownership, as we navigate the complexities of the market.
In this role, you will
- Build and operate robust and performant infrastructure that supports millions of bookings per year
- Actively contribute to the design and improvement of Web front-end UI/UX features and projects
- Serve as an expert on web development for the Hopper Cars Team, helping to develop and improve UX, API design, and our product offerings.
- Quickly prototype end-to-end new ideas and run experiments to identify features that users love.
- Build amazing consumer experiences, taking responsibility for code quality, scalability, reliability and performance
- Solve complex technical and software architecture problems
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner
- Leverage and contribute to a rich microservice architecture system
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Be a part of the on call rotation for the team
A perfect candidate has:
- Experience working with microservices architecture.
- Experience using Scala or other JVM-based language would be a huge plus – But any backend experience works.
- Experience building and managing multiple external API integrations.
- Experience working with gRPC/Protobuf (not mandatory).
- A strong understanding of distributed systems and how architectural decisions affect performance and maintainability
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs and scales
- Thrived in a Fullstack engineering position and delivered user experience at scale
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
Hopper sells $6 billion worth of travel and travel fintech every year; 2022 sales were up 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent around 50% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership, Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
Other partners include Marriott, Uber, Agoda, CommBank and many more to be announced.
Hopper Cloud now comprises more than 50% of Hopper’s business; Hopper Cloud made around as much in 2022 as all of the Hopper app did in 2021.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month. Hopper is now the #3 largest online travel agency in North America.
Hopper has raised over $750 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas