Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we’re expanding into some of the world’s strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an exceptional Senior Manager to oversee the accounting for our investments and digital assets. As a Senior Manager you will be managing a team of 2 team members. You will be responsible for leading the month-end close processes over this area and continue to improve our processes and timing over procedures. To accomplish this you will partner with cross-functional team members and implement automated solutions as we continue to scale the business.
What you’ll work on:
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the processes that currently exist and how to automate them for future.
- Identify process improvements and efficiencies for the monthly close ensuring changes are implemented timely.
- Working in collaboration with Risk, Compliance, Engineering, and Treasury departments to evaluate and implement automated reporting requirements.
- Determine and provide requirements for new products in the digital asset, lending and market-making area and ensure reporting is complete and accurate.
- Understand technical accounting impacts in order to appropriately operationalize month-end close procedures for digital assets, various direct investment types (AFS, equity, debt, limited partnerships, etc), and any lending activity. .
- Managing a team of 2 people and ensuring timelines are being met on a consistent basis.
- Providing valuable feedback and assisting direct reports in growth of their careers.
- Supporting ERP implementation, integration of data sources and automation of process and reporting.
- Owning the implementation of Lukka reporting to automate accounting for digital assets.
- Performing other ad-hoc projects as needed.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 10+ years of accounting experience.
- 3+ years of building and managing teams in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Direct experience performing detailed and data intensive reconciliations.
- Experience accounting for direct investments and digital assets is highly preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills and be current with regulations and compliance issues.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, multi-tasker, and creative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure tasks are completed timely.
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- Big 4 and CPA preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Austin, TX. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $165,000 – $220,000
Annual Bonus Target: 17.50%
Also Included: Equity Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas