Degreed’s People Team is looking for an exceptional, driven, and competent Sr. Manager, Employee Experience to support our NAMER region who brings a people-first mindset. The Sr. Manager, Employee Experience will be responsible for supporting and enhancing the employee lifecycle by focusing on operational excellence, driving and executing our org-wide initiatives, examining and refreshing HR processes, and approach challenges with creativity and a solutions-oriented mindset.
Day in the Life
- Consult with People Leaders in NAMER to advise on people matters, including employee relations, performance management, and talent development.
- Be a champion and help promote org-wide initiatives for Performance Health and Skill Development.
- Support ongoing improvement of People Operations processes to drive efficiency in employee lifecycle management.
- Review and ensure global policies are up to date and communicated appropriately throughout the organization.
- Drive optimization of tools and programs to enable more of a self-service employee experience.
- Coach and mentor people leaders on how to manage ER cases in adherence to local laws and guidelines.
- Partner with external counsel to determine action plan on complex ER issues.
- Stay up-to-date with new employment law changes and major global regulations.
- Manage any grievances and investigations that have been escalated from within Business Units.
- Educate and enforce formal disciplinary process for performance concerns.
- Coach leaders on how to deal with day-to-day issues, how to manage them in line with localized guidelines and partner with stakeholders as needed.
- Annual Merit and Promotion Cycles: Provide training support for people leaders to review / talent placement / promotions. It also includes leading compensation adjustments initiatives.
- Organization Management: Partner with the business to facilitate effective organization management and communicate with stakeholders in line with business needs, ie talent mobility, hiring.
- Offboarding Support: Lead the process from start to finish on involuntary terminations.
Who You Are
- 7+ years of experience in an HR Business Partner or HR Generalist role
- Experience leading employee investigations, partnering with business leaders to coach and develop their team members, and experience solving complex employee and organizational issues.
- A self-starter with a proven ability to work independently
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with all levels of the organization and exert positive influence.
- A desire to collaborate and cultivate relationships across teams.
- Comfortable in an environment with changing priorities and evolving processes and systems. Can adapt quickly to changes.
- Open to new ideas and committed to continued learning and personal development.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of local labor laws and regulations, including FMLA, local and state pay practices, leave of absence requirements, and benefits administration.
What Sets You Apart
- Experience partnering with people leaders in a remote entrepreneurial start up environment.
- Experience partnering across different business functions including sales teams, marketing, finance, technology, and business operations.
- Ability to use data to report analytical people-related trends within the business units (Exit Surveys, Engagement surveys).
- Visual storyteller who can provide quarterly updates to the business on People trends (internal mobility, attrition, LOA, budgets, exit survey feedback) in an engaging and concise manner.
- DEIB Champion who actively leads or participates in fostering an inclusive environment.
Compensation and Benefits at Degreed
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, ADD, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything!)
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Forma
- Wellness programs focused on your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing
Work Environment Physical Demands
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas