Metaplane helps companies trust their data.
Our observability platform helps data teams (like Imperfect Foods, Reforge, Drift, Vendr, Appcues, and many more) continuously monitor their data pipelines so they know when things break, what went wrong, and how to fix it — before executives message them.
We’re a Boston-based, remote-friendly company founded by MIT and HubSpot alums. We’re backed by leading investors such as Y Combinator, Flybridge, and notable angel investors, including the founders of HubSpot, Okta, and Lookout.
Check out our recent podcasts on the dbt Analytics Engineering Podcast, Software Engineering Daily, Monday Morning Data Chat, and SuperDataScience to learn more about our story. We’d love to have you onboard!
We’re focused on building the best data observability platform on the market, but we recognize that bringing data quality to all companies requires more than just building a great product. We also need to educate data teams about how Metaplane can help them deliver data their colleagues can trust.
As our Senior Marketing Designer, you will be responsible for providing art direction to our team of freelance creatives. From layout design and illustration to animation and multimedia production, you’ll own the visual aspects of our brand presence. You will work closely with our marketing team and founders, but should expect to collaborate with the whole team.
If you’re an open-minded and collaborative creative leader with a passion for crafting delightful designs that drive business performance, this job is for you.
Your day-to-day at Metaplane:
As part of our growing marketing team, your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Build and evolve our brand’s distinctive visual identity, brand guidelines, and design system
- Leverage conceptual thinking, creative genius, and visual storytelling to solve complex business problems
- Craft compelling artwork that both empathizes with the customer and pays attention to business goals
- Build and manage key relationships with creative freelancers and agencies, offering constructive feedback that results in quality execution
- Develop clear processes and systems that enable us to scale production
Is this you?
- You have 5-7 years of brand/marketing design experience at a B2B SaaS startup, preferably one that targets a technical audience (bonus points if that audience includes data teams)
- You’re a player-coach who can roll up their sleeves and get the job done when working against a deadline
- You have a proven track record of designing delightful experiences that help marketing team’s achieve business goals
- You have a portfolio that shows conceptual talent, includes visually impactful designs, and demonstrates a commitment to quality execution across a variety of formats and channels
- You have deep expertise in marketing, content, and web design with a passion for all forms of creativity
- You’re an experienced program manager who feels confident juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with others
- You have a degree in a relevant field and a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- You’re comfortable using Figma and/or other tools for creative production
Benefits of Working at Metaplane:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Fully covered health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Work-from-home stipend
- Ownership of your work, and collaboration with a closely-knit team
Metaplane is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. If you don’t feel like you hit 100% of the requirements above but are passionate about our mission and space, please apply.