The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
An overview of this role
You will be working on establishing the design direction for our Product Analytics product, where success will allow our customers to close the painful gap of understanding if and how users are getting value out of their software. You’ll work closely with the Product Manager, Engineers, UX Researchers, and Technical Writers to improve the current user experience and help shape the next generation of this area of our product.
What you’ll do
- You’ll define the product goals, roadmap, and strategy, all to solve user problems.
- You’ll work alongside UX Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers to iterate on new features within the GitLab product.
- You’ll communicate your design thinking and ideas through wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups, and high-fidelity visual designs.
- You’ll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to succeed with their goals.
- You’ll undertake usability testing to validate your thinking. (We’ve got an excellent team of UX Researchers who can offer guidance, as needed.)
- You’ll contribute to our Design System, alongside the rest of the UX team and the GitLab community as a whole.
Projects you might work on:
With the Analytics: Product Analytics team you’ll focus on building out our product analytics offerings allowing users to instrument and measure how their users are using their software. Allowing our users to focus on improving their own customers’ experiences. This includes building the tool they use to observe their instrumented data in parallel. This will include researching user goals/needs, strategizing direction with your team counterparts, and designing and testing the user experience direction. We work using Agile methodologies and ship features monthly.
What you’ll bring
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience designing developer tools, enterprise software, or complex web applications.
- Strong experience following a user-centered or human-centered design approach, in conjunction with design thinking.
- You enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You’ve got a portfolio of work that shows us your product design skills across user research, UX strategy, wireframing, prototyping, product strategy, and visual design.
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- Ideally you’re comfortable with frontend code. You can demonstrate this through your hands-on coding skills with HTML/CSS/JS, or by showing us you have a deep understanding of the needs of engineers you’ve worked with previously.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
About the team
We support the business of GitLab by becoming experts in our stage group, educating ourselves about the entire product, and staying engaged with user and business goals. We partner closely with our stable counterparts in Product Management and Development. As Product Designers, we are the owners of design judgment. We start with a problem to solve and always first consider the best experience for the user.
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.