Shopmonkey is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join a dynamic Product team and serve as product lead to a dedicated squad of Product, Design, and Engineering individuals focused on helping auto shops thrive. Your role is to understand our customer’s needs, develop innovative solutions, and make thoughtful resourcing trade-offs. Your ability to communicate your prioritization decisions, technical nuances of problems, and the voice of the customer will impact thousands of auto shops across North America. This is a unique role and requires an extremely organized, impact oriented, and product-focused individual who is comfortable with ambiguity, taking initiative, and building strong, collaborative relationships internally with teams and externally with customers. If you are looking for a new, challenging opportunity and building amazing software for thousands of customers, we’d love to talk with you!
You’ll Have The Opportunity To:
- Own the strategy and product roadmap for your squad
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Marketing, Research/Data, Sales, and other stakeholders to create best-in-class products that solve real problems. Crisply define problems and strategic rationale before designing solutions.
- Drive product feature scoping, prioritization efforts, and trade-off conversations – knowing how to say no is important.
- Prioritize product features and customer needs using data-driven decisions.
- Engage with customers to understand their needs
- Manage the entire product lifecycle, from conception to launch to iteration. Track performance and metrics to continuously improve our products.
- Support critical initiatives with market research, data analysis, and competitive intelligence. Monitor the automotive industry and insights into the competitive landscape and best practices.
- Support and partner with Product Marketing & Sales Enablement on customer education initiatives
- Collaborate with UX research on customer research efforts to gather insights and validate product ideas.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to align on product strategy and communicate progress regularly.
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership Team and department leaders to connect strategic plan/roadmap and company goals to concrete, prioritized initiatives with clear operational metrics, financial goals, resource plans, and timelines
To Be Successful In This Role, You Will Need:
- 6+ years in successful product management experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, UX/UI, Marketing, and CX
- Demonstrated ability to drive product strategy, roadmap, and go-to-market activities.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven decision-making.
- Experience working with customers to gather feedback and requirements
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across organizations, bridge gaps between teams, and successfully influence without authority
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse groups including senior management
- Hungry, fast-learner mindset. Biased towards execution.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience in working directly with sales and business development leaders to close customer deals
- Ability to travel periodically for customer visits and on-site workshops
In the United States the range is typically a salary of $140,000 to $150,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. The range provided is Shopmonkey’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount will be based on job-related and non-discriminatory factors such as location, experience, training, skills, and abilities. Consult with your Recruiter during the initial call to determine a more targeted range based on these job-related factors. In addition to this base compensation company stock options and benefits as outlined below are included.
Shopmonkey has become an amazing environment where employees feel that they are valued as people, and not just worker bees. To ensure that our team thrives, we invest in the following perks:
🏡 Fully Remote Work!
- $1,000 to set up your home office
- $20 phone/internet monthly reimbursements
- Virtual activities and in-person meet-ups
- Laptop and super rad swag provided
- Unique opportunity: This is the best form of hybrid! All teams get to travel and meet up for collaboration at least once/year. Shopmonkey also hosts an annual company-wide get together we call Rally
💪🏼 Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available the 1st of the month following hire date
- Short term and long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) available upon hire
✈️ Time Off
- 11 paid holidays
- Flexible time off – take the time off you need!
🥰 Giving Back
- Matching donations for approved charitable organizations
- Group volunteer efforts
🌟 Personal & Professional Development
- Weekly internal product & company training sessions
- Monthly events & education activities focused on DEIB, personal and/or professional development
- Individual career progression plans and leadership/management training
Check out our founder’s story, life page, or hear from real employees about what it’s like to work at Shopmonkey.
Join our team of hungry, humble, smart people who love what they do, and change the auto industry by helping every shop thrive.
About the Industry
The U.S. is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey is the leading auto-repair shop software company; it is a cloud-based solution that helps auto-repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation onto a simple, easy-to-use platform.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and trusted by more than 3,500+ auto shops across the U.S. and Canada, Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo of the global car repair market, estimated to be worth more than $500B.
In 2021 Shopmonkey raised a $75 million Series C, supported by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms Bessemer Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Headline, I2BF, and ICONIQ Growth.
In 2022, Shopmonkey was named #4 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Startup Employers list (and #1 in Business Products & Software Services).
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members from all backgrounds that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission.
Shopmonkey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Shopmonkey is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our our commitment, Shopmonkey will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our Talent Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.