Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
Remote is solving a huge challenge for global organizations: compliantly employing anyone, anywhere. We make it possible for businesses to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively – we’re scattered around the world working together within a culture of kindness and excellence.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async. This means you get to minimize meetings and create your own schedule based on when you’re able to do your best work. We empower ownership, proactivity, and default to action. We operate based on treating each other with kindness and support each other as a team.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the Global HR space as our SeniorProduct Manager for Payments Core. In this role, you will be at the forefront of developing our core payments system and orchestration layer that underpin the various payment solutions offered by Remote. You will work closely with a team of engineers and designers, using your technical acumen to shape the roadmap, set strategic priorities, and ensure the successful implementation of our payments infrastructure. You will own the direction for our payments hub and prioritize the team’s work in order to maximise value for our users, make their experience seamless and your vision a reality.
What you bring
- Track record of experience in product management, with sold experience specifically in payments, ideally at a global scale.
- Experience building a payments hub, API products and integrating complex 3rd party systems, ideally for payment APIs and integrations.
- Payments experience, with a solid understanding of payment gateway systems and how money flows through card and banking networks.
- Familiarity with global payment regulations, including KYC/AML, GDPR and licensing.
- Self-driver who can translate business requirements into technical specifications and work closely with the engineering team to deliver well-designed solutions
- Someone who can dive deep into complex technical and product problems and articulate them to bring clarity for the team and make them accessible to a non-technical audience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills across different teams and departments to ensure that we satisfy customer, business and compliance needs
- Great judgment to make strategic (what to prioritize) and tactical (feature scope) decisions
- Data-driven product manager with experience setting and tracking goals to achieve results
What this job can offer you
- Opportunity to develop, own and communicate the vision for our payment infrastructure to help build the future of payments at Remote
- Drive the product strategy and maintain a prioritized roadmap shipped via a series of iterative improvements that help advance key metrics related to our team’s goals
- Collaborate with Product Design, Engineering and Go-To-Market teams to bring product through all phases of product development including ideation, design, development, product rollout and launch
- Manage our payments infrastructure that allows other products to easily plugin and expand their offering with payments solution by leveraging the existing payment rails
- Collaborate with the Legal and Operations departments to design our money flows in a way that expands our product offering while remaining compliant with payment regulations
- Deliver clear, thoughtful documentation throughout the process which can be easily understood by technical and non-technical decision-makers
- Understand technical dependencies and communicate with engineering counterparts and other product development teams to coordinate and alleviate risks
- Conduct market research to inform product strategy, measure performance against key indicators, and inform future improvements
- You can learn more about the benefits we’re offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits Perks Handbook page.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Product exercise and review with a peer
- Interview with an engineering leader
- Interview with a Director
- Offer (async)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks
- You’ll report to: Product Director
- Direct reports: None. This is an individual contributor position
- Team: Product
- Location: Anywhere
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget IT equipment
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas