Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving the $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, consumers have gained access to free stock trades, greater transparency in the mortgage market, and apps that make managing their money more convenient. Yet real estate investment, the most powerful tool for building generational wealth, has largely been the purview of wealthier individuals and professional money managers.
Mynd is determined to overhaul that paradigm.
At Mynd, we’re on a mission to democratize access to happy homes and sustainable investments by making the purchase of single-family residential real estate as effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Moreover, many potential investors don’t want to buy real estate in their geographic area, or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets.
With operations in 25 markets across the U.S. and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with buying real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, lease, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100 percent remotely.
Mynd is Best Places to Work certified, a Built In SF Best Places to Work 2022 winner, and was named the #1 fastest-growing East Bay company by the San Francisco Business Times in 2021. We’ve attracted talent from McKinsey, BCG, Compass, Better, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, WeWork, and Facebook. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, Jackson Square, and QED.
About the role:
Mynd is looking for a highly collaborative Product Manager who cares deeply about marketplace dynamics and data-driven decision making. Your mission is to optimize the efficiency of a distributed field operations workforce (blended mix of full/part time employees and on-demand resources) to operate at maximum productivity in support of completing the diverse set of jobs to be done to effectively maintain assets on behalf of investors (both retail and institutional). This role touches almost every part of our business and is a highly visible leadership position in the company
Mynd’s field operations are absolutely critical to ensuring we are delivering value to our most important customers – investors. To be successful, you must be customer-obsessed, have excellent product and design sense, strong communication skills, and be able to constantly shift between strategy and day-to-day tactics. You are highly analytical with a keen ability to tease out insights (customer and technical) and validate assumptions through qualitative and quantitative research.
Here are some problems you can expect to solve. If these get you excited you should apply!
- How do we ensure our field resources have access to the real-time information and capabilities they need to deliver exceptional service to investors and residents?
- Field teams are precious resources that can be the difference between a positive and negative business outcome for Mynd. How do we enable efficient distribution and execution of their workload?
- How do we incentivize our on-demand resources to complete available jobs as quickly as possible? Or increase their job volume?
- How do we ensure full-time employees are always working on the highest value tasks?
- What does a world-class mobile experience that enables our field workforce to operate at maximum productivity look like?
- How do we source on-demand resources to be able to support the growth of Mynd in new markets?
- How do we schedule jobs to be done that take into account the availability of field resources, skill levels, and customer needs as well as real-time route optimization and business objectives.
- How do we certify on-demand resources to be able to complete jobs to be done?
- Develop, own, and execute the vision and strategy for the field operations marketplace
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and data science to build and ship impactful products and features
- Partner with various business leads and tech leads in developing a new suite of products to help Mynd reach its vision.
- Perform market research and work directly with users and other cross-functional teams to identify product opportunities inline with business objectives
- Own your area’s metrics end-to-end, proactively identify issues and opportunities, and surface learnings to drive improved customer experience, unit economics, and growth
- Champion your products in-house and drive adoption with training and continued support
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years experience building software as a Product Manager or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; you will need to develop strong relationships with business partners, engineering, design, and other cross functional teams.
- Experience developing native mobile experiences
- Demonstrated success independently shipping products and features based on research
- Technical background working with engineering and data scientists
- Confidence in professional aptitude and ability to effectively convey skills and knowledge to non-technical stakeholders and external customers
- Demonstrated success in a high-growth, operationally intense environment
- Experience with on-demand marketplaces (e.g. TaskRabbit, Uber Eats, DoorDash, etc..) or mobile gaming is a huge bonus.
- Experience in optimization of fixed capacity workforce utilization (scheduling, dispatching)
- Experience within Real Estate, PropTech, FinTech, AdTech are a plus, but certainly not required.
- Entrepreneurial technical leader who has experience in a scaled environment (startup and/or big tech experience)
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- 1x a month
$147,000 – $199,000 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- 13 Paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
- Eligible to participate in Mynd’s equity program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor