The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $137.6 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in the US.
- In this role, you will be a key leader in the MongoDB security product management team with core responsibilities around driving next generation database access control use cases, as well as cover some areas of Atlas identity and access management
- Drive product vision, strategy, and roadmap. Collaborate with other product teams to identify and prioritize efforts based on customer needs, market data, and competitive intelligence
- Deeply understand all aspects of the business – to ensure a business outcome aligned with our broader product, customer, and company goals
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition, and technologies are evolving, and factor them into our product direction
- Advise senior leadership on the long-term emerging opportunities in the data access space
- Collaborate with product marketing, support, and sales to solve business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants
- Articulate MongoDB’s security features and functionality in customer conversations
- Demonstrate creativity, an innovative spirit, and a bias towards action
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience with a complex technical product with database and/or deep security requirements
- 5+ years experience designing and defending database applications or securing modern web services
- Hands-on experience with some of these: database access management, identity and access management, data masking, auditing, OAuth2, query languages, advanced data analysis
- The ability to drive complex projects across multiple teams and deliver results
- Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Understanding of various public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Ability to write, promote, and execute business cases
- B.Sc. in a technical discipline, Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience
Nice to have
- Certifications or similar evidence of professional milestone completion and continuous training
- Comfortable with stage presence and public speaking
- Community support and participation to advance data and cloud security such as conference or meetup panels and blog or paper authorship
- MBA, M.Sc. or Ph.D. in relevant domains
- In 3 months you will be fully versed in the MongoDB Developer Data Platform and all of its component parts
- In 6 months you will understand and be able to clearly communicate the needs of the stakeholders you will be managing
- In 12 months you will be using that understanding to direct the product roadmap and ensure the successful release and use of new features by our customers
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys.Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas