As a Senior Python Developer, you will use your skills building Python-based services and APIs to provide valuable data to our platform customers. You will be responsible for designing and implementing major elements of our data pipeline, including data ingestion, data cleaning, and data processing. You will then build systems that integrate that data with data from multiple other sources to provide impactful insights to our customers.
- Build software in Python to tackle the complex and interesting challenge of helping our customers generate return-on-information from our ever growing ecosystem of data partners
- Collaborate with our product, research, and engineering teams to find rigorous yet practical solutions to solve complex business problems
- Improve our portfolio optimization process to enable customers to find optimal solutions for
- Design and implement data pipeline solutions for ingestion, transformation, and management.
- Strong skills in Python (5+ years)
- Ability to envision, design, and implement end-to-end solutions and write production quality code
- A desire to mentor others in the pursuit of crafting good code
- Intellectual curiosity. You love to understand exactly how and *why* things work
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a mostly remote team.
You Might Also Have
- An advanced degree in computer science, math, physics, or other quantitative field
- Experience solving quantitative problems with data
- Experience in developing data ingestion, data processing, and analytical pipelines
- Particularly experience using data analysis libraries such as pandas, numpy, scipy
- Or ETL / ELT pipelines such as Airflow, Argo, etc.
- Experience in the finance / investment management industry
- Familiarity with factor risk models, equities data, or portfolio construction is a plus
- Experience in identifying data validation rules and alerts based for data integrity and anomaly detection
- Experience with AWS in general, particularly data-focused technologies, or serverless architectures
- Experience with mathematical optimization
- Experience in other programming languages (Golang, Node.js).
Omega Point empowers the institutional investment community with a modern, factor-based portfolio analytics decision-making system. Enhanced by the latest advancements in machine learning and AI, Omega Point’s cloud platform ensures fast, painless integration and seamless fit across the widest range of investment processes. We enable a variety of portfolio analytics and portfolio construction workflows, including factor analysis, trade simulation, optimization, hedging and thematic investing. Omega Point clients include top fundamental asset managers, hedge funds, and institutional allocators worldwide. The firm is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York and Quebec City.
Omega Point offers you
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexibility to telecommute (and not only during the pandemic)…
- …or come and work at the Quebec City, New York, or San Francisco offices.
- A great environment with a talented team
- A remote-first culture we’ve built from the ground up to have a distributed workforce
- One or two summits per year (in-person, post-pandemic) where you can meet the whole team in person and do team building activities. Some of the latest destinations: Miami Beach, Austin (Texas), San Francisco
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family
- Great perks including a work-from-home setup budget, unlimited vacation, 401k, flexible hours, and education/certification benefits.
Omega Point embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.