Sunshine Conversations powers conversational experiences between people and organizations through an omnichannel experience from a wide range of channels such as WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger, Telegram and more. We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join a team of developers focused on integrating the Sunshine Conversations engine with Zendesk’s centralized analytics and billing services as well as the overall administrative experience of the Sunshine Conversations product.
What you’ll be doing:
- Make core contributions to our platform, architecture, and data models.
- Be responsible for the proper execution of features, from the design of the solution to its delivery.
- Write well-structured and well-tested code considering performance, reliability and scaling of our products.
- Work with new technologies in a culture open to creative ideas.
- Work as part of our team on the creation of technical proposals and on the implementation of complex and high-visibility functionalities.
- Cooperate with international teams based in San Francisco, Melbourne and others.
- Be part of the team’s on-call rotation.
- Participate in the development life-cycle including conception, design, implementation, testing, rollout and making everything run efficiently in production.
What you bring to the role:
- 3+ years of experience with Node.js, Express and TypeScript, or a comparable web stack.
- Development experience with a deep understanding of asynchronous code.
- Autonomy to carry a project through its execution, while also knowing when to ask for help.
- A collaborative attitude, contributing to an enjoyable work environment that promotes teamwork throughout the organization.
- Experience with some technologies in our tech stack: K8s, S3 buckets, EC2, Rabbit MQ, Reddis, DataDog, Non relational databases / mongo db, Relational databases / mysql / postgresql, Github – actions – deployment, Jenkins or Spinnaker – tools for deployment, Ruby
- Experience working in a SaaS company.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Verbal and written communication skills in French.
- Motivated to collaborate in an asynchronous culture and work remotely. It is also preferable to be organized, to know how to manage your time, to be independent, and proactive.
- Our main backend runs on Node.js and Express. Most of our frontend runs on React.
- Our data is stored on MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, Postgresql, S3 and queued or streamed through RabbitMQ, Kafka and SQS.
- Our workloads run on Kubernetes clusters running on AWS
About Zendesk – Champions of Customer Service:
Zendesk software was built to bring a sense of calm to the chaotic world of customer service. Today we power billions of conversations with brands you know and love. We advocate for digital first customer experiences—and we stick with it in our workplace. Over 5,000 employees worldwide have the flexibility to choose where they work. The fact is, we know great work happens anywhere. Whether you’re collaborating from your home office, a Zendesk workspace, or the kitchen table, you’re part of one team at Zendesk.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.