We’re looking for a software engineer to join our engineering team to help us build Prezi, a full-cycle presentation platform used by millions of people all over the world.
Work with us to enable our users to create visually stunning presentations with the best possible visual editing experience for presentations with challenges such as spatial structuring and navigation.
Prezi has a portfolio of three applications: Prezi Present, Prezi Design and Prezi Video. In this role you will work in a team developing the Editor of Prezi Present – our flagship presentation product – and some of the user flows and experiences around it.
The Present Editor is built on a modular, plugin-based architecture that many teams in Prezi use to develop features for the Editor. Your job will be to extend and maintain this framework, and to integrate changes from other components (renderer, document access) into the application. The roadmap of the framework is greatly influenced by product needs, so besides Engineers, you will work closely with the team’s Product Manager, User Experience and Graphics Designer to prioritise new features and maintenance tasks. You will contribute high quality code to a complex codebase. You will ensure optimal user experience for presenters and their audiences, even when the application has to perform well under limited hardware resources and sometimes poor network conditions. With that, your impact will help millions of people build and deliver moving stories.
As a software developer and part of a cross-functional team, you will be reporting to our VP of Engineering, Balazs Szele.
– Have at least 5 years of software development experience in statically typed languages (such as C++, C#, Java, or TypeScript)
– Are interested and able to learn other coding languages as needed,
– Are self-driven with a sense of quality and a structured way of working,
– Have a strong product mindset
– Have good communication skills in English (with technical and non-technical team members and partner groups)
– Are self sufficient and have a high sense of ownership in your work, then we would love to talk to you!
Bonus points if you:
– Have a Master’s degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or another technical related field,
– Experience in developing systems where async communication, effective memory usage, and performance is important
We offer a competitive salary, a culture where you can be yourself, flexible working hours in our beautiful office environment and remote work opportunities.
The best part: you will join an awesome team who highly appreciates visual communication, who believes that together we are greater than the sum of our parts, and who deeply cares about those around us.
At Prezi, we celebrate the diversity of our customers and our employees. We employ people from all backgrounds to build a product for everyone. We are looking for people who will bring in their different perspectives and help us on our mission to reinvent how people share knowledge, tell stories, and inspire their audiences to act.
If you are into visual communication, love to be a part of a team and care about those around you, we encourage you to apply.