THE ROLEA stellar opportunity to have a massive impact: join the rapidly growing Hotel Supply – Partner Success team at a company continually redefining how people travel. Our team’s mission is to provide Hotels tooling, communication channels and opportunities to leverage our new exciting features to position themselves well in this competitive market. As Senior Software Engineer on our web products, you will be directly responsible for many of the innovative features we’ll be working on, whether collaborating with our outstanding design and product teamwork on the frontend of modern technology to personalize travel for our ever-expanding population of members and partners.
In this role, you will:
- Build innovative consumer experiences on the web, setting standards for code quality and performance
- Focus on data-driven development: gather data by prototyping and experimentation to drive our product decision-making and influence how our products are built
- Build out our Extranet product solution, which will encompass multiple different flows
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
An ideal candidate has:
- A love for creating and building customer-focused products
- Willingness to learn and work with backend technologies in the Scala ecosystem
- Comfortable working in the web stack from backend actions to React front-end to our presentation layers
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Developers, and other highly skilled specialists
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable and maintainable code that performs and scales
- Strong problem-solving skills, proven ability to translate ideas into code
- Track record of successful collaboration with technical and non-technical people
- Culture fit
- Strong communication skills
- Has mentored and guided their team.
More about HopperAt Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to gain market share globally.Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:Hopper sells $6 billion worth of travel and travel fintech every year; 2022 sales were up 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent around 50% of Hopper’s total app revenue. Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership, Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders. Other partners include Marriott, Uber, Agoda, CommBank and many more to be announced. Hopper Cloud now comprises more than 50% of Hopper’s business; Hopper Cloud made around as much in 2022 as all of the Hopper app did in 2021.Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month. Hopper is now the #3 largest online travel agency in North America. Hopper has raised over $750 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace. Come take off with us!
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas