Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs, with a special focus on retirement plans. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes.
- Negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options, and rates delivering a better program at each renewal.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience, and competitive trends in benefits programs.
- Review short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
- Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the benefits package.
- Handle escalations of benefits plans issues.
- Identify automation and process improvement opportunities.
- Work closely and effectively with Product, Engineering, Automation, Payroll, International Operations, Legal, Sales, and Customer Success Remote teams to ensure scalability and success of new benefit programs implementation or standard renewals.
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up and get things done.
- Be an internal and external champion of Remote’s values and Benefits team’s goals.
What you bring
- You have years of experience in Benefits Administration, providing excellent customer service, and designing quality benefits plans, including retirement plans.
- You possess top-notch project management skills to accomplish goals, drive reporting, due date adherence, and process iteration to ensure better quality of processes.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFPs).
- Knowledge of benefits contract language.
- You are a manager of one
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- You’ll report to: VP of Special Ops
- Team: Benefits
- Location: APAC
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with VP of Operations, Lifecycle
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget IT equipment
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas