Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
This is an engagement through Upwork’s Hybrid Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team is a global group of professionals that support Upwork’s business. Our HWS team members are located all over the world.
- Lead the operational process of US direct taxation
- Gather data used for Tax Return and Provision preparation.
- Assist with US Federal and State Tax Return preparation and review
- Prepare/update quarterly tax position memos
- Correspond with team members and external advisors on quarter end activities related to tax
- Perform tax research and assist other members in the tax department handle complex questions.
- Work closely with other members of the tax team to support other internal stakeholders.
- Communicate issues in the process and work to proactively escalate and resolve them
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- 2-3 years of experience with US taxation.
- Proficient with excel, word, and an ability to learn different accounting and tax software.
- Great written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to balance multiple time-sensitive deliverables at once.
- Familiarity with US tax provisions.
- Ability to work US business hours.
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.