To learn the Hiring Ranges for this position, please select your location from the Apply Now dropdown menu.
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
A lot of companies say they’re “mission driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation. Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks – e.g., via VPN and Relay market options.
Mozilla Finance is responsible for strategic resource allocation and day-to-day financial operations as Mozilla scales its mission impact with new and existing products, technology, and business models to better serve users and advance an agenda for a healthier internet.
To further expand our team, we are seeking a talented Senior Treasury Tax Compliance Analyst. In this role you will report to the Senior Manager Tax Treasury and work together to build out / optimize Mozilla’s revamped treasury structure, while also taking care of various global compliance topics. In addition, you’ll work alongside the Senior Tax Analyst to cross-train on domestic and international tax topics. Key tax responsibilities include supporting the preparation of the global tax provision, and the US federal and state tax returns. Tax examinations occur regularly, are very interesting, and are a great opportunity to develop and expand your knowledge. We partner closely with our global controlling team, which is spread across three countries / continents. If you love building things, making an impact, and owning processes, this is a role for you!
- Global liquidity management – including reporting and intercompany funding, based on our service agreement / transfer pricing model
- Relatedly: management of transfer pricing agreements – updating these annually, as necessary
- Global VAT administration – input and output monthly / quarterly returns for all relevant entities globally
- Bank administration / optimization – signature updates, permissions reviews, building of better efficiencies in partnership with the Global Accounting team, and overseeing KYC points
- Corporate credit card administration and optimization – overall program ownership of Mozilla’s newly expanded credit card program, including optimization of spend for rewards and support of individual credit card holders
- Support administratively for Mozilla’s Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) function – primarily coordinating transfers to/from the portfolio funds, creating investment accounting entries at month-end, and building presentation materials for executive meetings
- Support for the annual FBAR/FINCEN compliance in close partnership with the Mozilla Foundation finance team
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s annual income tax accounting provision (ASC 740), including but not limited to preparation of supporting tax provision schedules
- Assist with federal, state, and local compliance including computation of book tax differences, state modifications, and other tax return supporting work papers for U.S. federal, state, local income tax returns, estimated tax payments, and extensions
- Assist with transfer pricing policies and procedures
- Supporting / cross-training with the Senior Tax Analyst on corporate tax topics
- Reviewing + assisting in implementation of new system tools, integrations, optimizations
- Minimum 5-7 years progressively advancing experience in the field of treasury, tax, and / or accounting. Public accounting experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, and Master’s in taxation a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of key corporate tax topics, including domestic and international
- Knowledge of corporate treasury best practices, including a basic understanding of investment accounting
- Fluency in another foreign (ideally German or French) language is a plus
- Love for discovering new things; never satisfied with the status quo
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed team
- Highly organized and a clear communicator
- Demonstrated ability to oversee process improvement initiatives
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2250
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas