At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.9 M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Have you heard about our future of work program, Scribd Flex? As a key principle, we embrace flexibility and allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the work-style that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And, we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
About the team and role
Welcome to our small but mighty TPM (Technical Program Management) team! We are the driving force behind some of the most critical products, projects, and workflows within our company. With our strategic recommendations and execution prowess, we help shape the future of our product, which aims to transform the way the world reads. As a TPM on our team, you will be at the heart of our company’s innovation and growth. You will have the unique opportunity to make a significant impact and play a pivotal role in our success story. Come join us!
You are a thoughtful opinionator: you have strong, well-reasoned opinions and are not afraid to respectfully voice them. You are a proactive communicator who doesn’t wait for issues to arise before finding solutions. You are a relationship builder, who strives in collaborative environments and enjoys forging connections with people across different teams and functions. You are a continuous learner, with a growth mindset and thirst for expanding your skill set with new challenges. Lastly, you are a voracious reader with a passion for books and the written (and spoken) word in all its forms!
You will / Responsibilities / What you will do
● Act like an owner: Be an owner of program management strategy and roadmap planning across multiple pillars and functions within Scribd.
- Build relationships: Our TPM team thrives on collaboration. You will work closely with a diverse set of stakeholders, and your ability to foster strong relationships and align diverse perspectives will be crucial in achieving our collective objectives.
- Drive strategy: We are not just about execution; we are equally passionate about strategy. You will dive deep into the “how” and “why” of our projects, developing comprehensive plans that align with our overarching goals. Your strategic thinking will guide our decision-making process and ensure we stay on the right track.
- Be a leader: You will act as a leader and mentor within the Program Management team by identifying opportunities for collaboration, sharing best practices, and coaching teammates.
- Own the complexity: Drive multiple complex cross-functional programs simultaneously and create scalable frameworks across orgs and functions to track work and communicate on progress.
- Manage timelines: Lead the timeline for delivery for key programs. Proactively identify risks within programs and create mitigation strategies via workflows, communication, or resource allocation.
- Measure Success: Proactively propose success metrics for yourself and your programs when relevant and identify when these success metrics are at risk
- Improve how we work: Identify and optimize for process improvements at the team and cross-team level to deliver impact to the business at a larger scale.
You Have / We’re looking for / Requirements (Required)
- 5+ years of experience in a TPM/program management, operations or equivalent role in a technology company.
- Experience with the Software Development process, working with product and engineering teams or programs from roadmapping through delivery.
- Experience working directly with engineers, product managers, and product marketers.
- Track record of operating independently and without oversight
- Experience using data to identify problems and communicate solutions.
- The ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to understand and articulate the “big picture.”
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills.
At Scribd, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and is determined within a range. Our pay ranges are based on the local cost of labor benchmarks for each specific role, level, and geographic location. San Francisco is our highest geographic market in the United States. In the state of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $ABC [minimum salary in our lowest geographic market within California] to $DEF [maximum salary in our highest geographic market within California].
Outside of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $TUV [minimum salary in our lowest US geographic market outside of California] to $XYZ [maximum salary in our highest US geographic market outside of California].
We carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including but not limited to experience; job-related skill sets; relevant education or training; and other business and organizational needs. The salary range listed is for the level at which this job has been scoped. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for a competitive equity ownership, and a comprehensive and generous benefits package.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
*Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
- Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k/RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learning Development programs
- Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity Comfort
- Mental Health support resources
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends family
- Referral Bonuses
- Book Benefit
- Company wide events
- Team engagement budgets
- Vacation Personal Days
- Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
- Flexible Sick Time
- Volunteer Day
- Company-wide Diversity, Equity, Inclusion programs
Want to learn more about life at Scribd? www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
We want our interview process to be accessible to everyone. You can inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to better accommodate your needs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org about the need for adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Ontario (Canada), British Columbia (Canada), or Mexico. *This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas