The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $137.6 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Drivers Documentation team is a hands-on and enthusiastic group of engineers who are passionate about teaching developers how to work with data and build applications. We are hiring a “Technical Writer, Drivers” to help us create world-class documentation for MongoDB’s developer-focused products — in particular, MongoDB Drivers and Connectors.
Our team works closely with MongoDB’s engineering and product organizations to deliver outstanding developer documentation for everyone, regardless of where they are in their software engineering career. Every month, hundreds of thousands of developers turn to our content to help them build microservices, backend and line of business applications, and other projects that are used by millions of people worldwide.
This role can be based out of our New York office or remotely in the US.
The team is responsible for the following documentation:
- MongoDB Drivers, including Node, Java, Go, .NET/C#, and Rust
- MongoDB Kafka Connector
- MongoDB Spark Connector
- MongoDB Guides
- MongoDB Queryable Encryption and Client-Side Field Level Encryption
Candidates must have 4+ years of combined experience in one or more of the following roles: technical writer, developer advocate, software engineer, and/or product management. Beyond industry experience, we are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced with developing and shipping modern line-of-business applications OR has extensive experience contributing to complex documentation sites, preferably in a docs-as-code environment
- Experienced with using great developer documentation and educational materials. You are excited to empower other developers by creating best-in-class documentation
- Experienced with and enjoys deep investigations of new technical concepts plus teaching others what you’ve learned
- Eager to keep learning and growing. Passionate about giving and receiving feedback
- Empathetic with developers of different skill levels and backgrounds to understand what they might find challenging
- Work with technical and non-technical teams to meet the documentation needs of our users
- Research functionality and features and validate it through testing
- Develop sample apps code examples to help users kickstart their projects or refresh themselves on syntax
- Write documentation for MongoDB Drivers and Connectors. MongoDB develops many official drivers and connectors that users rely on every day
- Develop tools that help us create and maintain content
Within three months, you’ll be comfortable with our tools and writing style and be able to apply them when authoring new content for MongoDB Drivers and Connectors. You’ll also have completed our company’s required technical onboarding.
Within six months, you’ll have gained enough product expertise to propose and deliver new projects while building relationships with the teams that we work with. You’ll also be applying our writing style and coding best practices in both your own work and reviews of your teammates’ work.
Within twelve months, you’ll have taken ownership of a subject area and be able to estimate and deliver the related work. By this time, you’ll have performed a full annual cycle of performance and growth conversations with your manager.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas