At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we’re proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World’s Most Admired Companies.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
What you get to do in this role:
- Represent the needs of customers across the product and design lifecycle from discovery through design validation and customer adoption across a portfolio of products.
- Apply and adapt appropriate research techniques and methods for specific project needs.
- Engage with customers to understand their unique needs for our products, including defining and synthesizing user types, use cases, and specific UX opportunities.
- Partner with Product Managers and Designers to influence product strategy and roadmaps.
- Validate feature and design direction through participatory design, early concept testing, formative and summative usability testing.
- Analyze and synthesize qualitative studies and quantitative data across studies and secondary research to generate strategic and tactical insights with actionable recommendations.
- Communicate findings through artifacts such as specific user segments, persona frameworks, jobs to be done, user journeys, task analyses, etc.
Basic Qualifications (The must have):
- BA/BS degree or higher in the Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid experience in applying customer-centered research techniques to product definition and designs.
- Understanding and experience in defining, planning and executing research studies including outlining objectives, goals, and timelines. This includes developing sample plans and determining the best data collection approach using quantitative and/or qualitative methods.
- A portfolio with examples of work representing research that influenced great insights or experiences. This includes examples of research goals, research methodologies used, the process followed, your involvement and role, data visualizations, and crisply articulated insights from the research.
- 5+ years’ of work experience conducting customer-centered research. Master degree or PhD is a bonus.
- Experience developing insightful, probing questions that resonate with both highly technical individuals through business minded end-users using enterprise software.
- Deeper knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, task analysis, and experimental design.
- Experience with the creation and execution of online surveys as well as rich qualitative research techniques.
- Excellent presentation skills to visualize technically complex topics and make them easy to understand with customers as well as product management and design stakeholders.
- The ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
For positions in the Bay Area, we offer a base pay of $117,800 – $200,200, plus equity (when applicable), variable/incentive compensation and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the base pay shown is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. We also offer health plans, including flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, matching donations, a flexible time away plan and family leave programs (subject to eligibility requirements). Compensation is based on the geographic location in which the role is located, and is subject to change based on work location.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.